The HRBP will possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to build solid relationships based on trust. This role demands partnering closely with business leaders at all levels, HR leadership, and employees throughout the org to ensure our People programs and processes drive and support our business objectives. The ideal candidate will be someone who likes to be strategic and roll-up their sleeves and do great work. The HRBP role will continue to evolve and change as the company grows and as the People organization changes along with it to meet the business needs. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic and changing environment and have fun while making a difference.
This position will be reporting into the Sr. Director – HRBP Commercial Organization and will be located on-site in our Redwood City HQ. Currently, there is an opportunity to work remote.
- Engage and influence functional leaders as you develop and lead Nevro’s People strategy, programs and processes for the Commercial team.
- Provide leadership for the implementation of HR programs, policies and processes across client group.
- Partner with other HRBPs and our HR Operations functional teams on the Employee Life Cycle – including but not limited to Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Performance, and Talent Management programs, policies, process and best practices.
- Partner with our client groups on cross-functional projects, policies and practices.
- Build strong relationships with the client teams at all levels.
- Collaborate with others to assess, create and implement solutions for your client group.
- Be well-versed in HR best practices and look for continuous improvement at all times.
- Be the leader of This will include playing a key leadership role in designing and implementing change programs.
- Work with all levels of managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, working them through to resolution, while ensuring fair and equitable outcomes.
- Review and analyze various business and hr metrics including data to enhance decision making, recommendations for change, and systemic improvements.
- BA/BS degree required with emphasis in People or equivalent.
- Years of experience can be substitute for the education.
- 10+ years of broad HR experience as an HR Business Partner or equivalent supporting at the executive level.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience supporting a Sales, Marketing or Customer Excellence Organization a plus.
- Experience in a Medical Device Company a plus.
- Must be willing to challenge point-of-views when necessary and offer alternative, constructive suggestions.
- Proven ability to understand strategic organizational issues and influence change
- Strong proven leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help team members grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals.