Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) is the main point of contact for Exact Sciences Corporation’s employees and managers to provide support on performance management, coaching, HR fundamentals and employee related questions. This role is critical in executing Exact Sciences’ key initiatives that support the business objectives and organization growth plans. The Senior HRBP is responsible for developing and improving processes related to employee management and engagement and will drive HR functional excellence within assigned business units.
This position will support our Business Development, Corporate Strategy, Research & Development and Pipeline teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide dedicated HR support to employees and managers with specific focus on optimizing engagement, productivity and effectiveness of the human resources within teams. This may include oversight (potentially with direct reports) of process training, employee relations, performance management, compensation planning, employee engagement, career development, change initiatives and talent acquisition within assigned functions.
- Strategically partner with functional leaders to create and support an inclusive culture focused on open communication, accountability, diversity and creating talent development opportunities.
- Partner with the functional leaders to assess capabilities across the teams and strategically plan workforce needs accordingly. Ensure that appropriate training opportunities are identified and provided to employees to grow personal, career and organizational development capabilities.
- Lead functional teams in the Exact Journey process (performance management, career development & engagement) and lead initiatives to increase effectiveness of the Exact Journey process within assigned functional groups.
- Provide guidance for questions and consultation related to HR topics and issues. Properly identify & effectively resolve routine and complex employee relations issues.
- Develop recruitment and retention strategies to identify, attract, engage and retain high-performing talent. Partner with recruiting team to identify proactive pipeline talent opportunities for future needs.
- Regularly report on HR metrics for leadership team to be able to address attrition rates, performance management metrics, employee satisfaction levels, etc.
- Lead and/or assist with key HR initiatives including performance management processes, employee engagement, talent development, onboarding and training.
- Identify HR process and transactional optimization opportunities and work with HR team to streamline and align processes.
- Play a key role in promoting Exact Sciences values and nurturing the culture as the company goes through a period of rapid growth. Provide necessary resources and guidance around change management, effective communication and promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care and ensure awareness of and compliance with employment regulations and laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business major, Human Resources preferred; or an HR certification (PHR, etc.) with at least four years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the Human Resources function, including at least 5 years as a HR business partner with progressively increasing responsibility/ownership for areas such as organization design, recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, employee development and performance management.
- Demonstrated awareness of regulations (federal, state & local) & compliance expectations related human resource management, employee relations & labor practices. Successful completion of specific coursework in human resources compliance preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective guidance and coaching in a variety of situations (developmental, disciplinary, etc.). Successful completion of coaching certification or coursework preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively connect with others; approachable & viewed as a responsive resource for employees and leaders.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to connect with and engage audiences of differing levels (front-line supervisors, executives, etc.).
- Strong project management and organization skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Able to evaluate multiple inputs and derive strategy and path for execution.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Power Point & Excel).
- Human resources generalist and/or manager experience in a high-growth technology or healthcare business.
- Experience designing and delivering employee training on a wide variety of topics.
- Strong business acumen; including comfort with accountability to business metrics, ability to make sense out of complexity and ability to understand business financials and use to think strategically and take appropriate actions.
- Master’s degree (MBA or MLR, MHR, etc.).
- Experience supporting scientific and/or research functions/client groups.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.