We are an executive search firm who has been hired to identify a Senior Health Physicist.
Senior Health Physicist Job description:
This individual will serve on the Safety Environmental and Medical Support Services (SEMSS) contract. Under this position they will be the NASA ARC Assistant Radiation Safety Officer, Assistant Laser Safety Officer, and Assistant Nonionizing Radiation Safety Officer.
Senior Health Physicist Essential functions:
- Implement a comprehensive radiation safety program
- Ensure the safe use of unsealed and sealed radioactive materials
- Manage the radioactive waste program
- Managing the radiation dosimetry program
- Develop and revise standard operating procedures for health physics
- Coordinating meetings for both the Radiation Safety Committee and the Nonionizing Radiation Safety Committee and serving as secretary for those meeting
- AND MUCH MORE?.
Senior Health Physicist Education:
BS/BA degree or higher in health physics, radiological sciences, engineering, related discipline, or equivalent.
Certified Health Physicist (CHP) certified by the American Board of Health Physicists (AAHP) in the Comprehensive Practice of Health Physics.
Senior Health Physicist Qualifications:
5+ years of experience in health physics
Experiencewith x-ray machines and other ionizing non-NRC licensed operations preferred
Knowledge of Class 3B and 4 laser systems required
Knowledge of safety & security for NRC category1,2 sources required by 10 CFR 37.
Understand the following Health Physics instrumentation:
Familiarity with NRC broad scope material licenses & Federal Regulations NRC/DOT/FDA/OSHA
Must be a USC & able to pass a background check to obtain security badge
If you meet all the qualifications for the Senior Health Physicist position, we want to hear from you!