Sr. Health Data Analyst
Health & Beauty
Position: Sr. Health Data Analyst
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Full Time
The Sr. Health Data Analyst will assist in the production of performance reports, specialized analytics and enhancements to the client reporting system and must be an exceptionally strong quantitative and analytically-oriented individual who is experienced, capable and comfortable working on dynamic, multi-faceted, fast-paced projects for which continuous planning, oversight and management is essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in the planning, development and production of performance reports addressing health quality, utilization and cost within the state. Specific activities include:
- Produce and analyze performance results for public reports and work withothers to draft text that addresses what is measured
- Develop project timelines and manage key portions of the project to assure timely completion
- Identify technical and data issues that arise and work with project team
- Work with the project team to continually improve processes, including the addition of measures and data sources
- Organize and track data supplier and medical group engagement activities related to the performance reports.
- Develop technical documents related to performance reports including technical specifications, issue briefs, write-ups of technical items for committee/Board consideration.
- Provide consultation on the availability and use of data in support of third party data requests.
- As needed, participate in meetings and workgroups for local, regional and national initiatives on behalf of the client.
Candidates should have a Masters in Health Informatics, Health Administration, Public Health, Health Policy or equivalent education and work experience. Significant industry-relevant and/or research experience using health administrative claim data is required.
- Direct experience measuring and reporting on quality and/or cost within the health care system using administrative claim data
- Very strong SQL programming experience, including knowledge and understanding of databasetechnology and data modeling
- Solid working knowledge of HEDIS, NCQA, AHRQ or similar measure specifications
- Direct working experience with Tableau, SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, Excel. Further experience with R or other statistical tools highly desirable
- Strong analytic and quantitative aptitude, including an understanding of statistics
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple complex projects simultaneously, manage multiple deadlines, and to anticipate and coordinate resources
- Experience creating compelling and meaningful end-user reports displaying health quality and cost information for a wide range of audiences, including providers, consumers, health plans and purchasers
- Ability to present information on performance measurement topics to audiences with varying degrees of familiarity and understanding of the topics
- Self-directed; a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic team player with strong inter-personal skills and poise to work directly with senior leaders