Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge technology that changes our world. The Azure Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) team is seeking a highly motivated hardware engineer to work in a team of other hardware and software developers to create systems and modules to be deployed in Microsoft's Azure Cloud. Microsoft provides ample opportunities for developers to have impact on products that touch the lives of millions of users daily, in a cutting-edge public cloud environment.
As a Systems Engineering team member, you will work directly with engineers across cross-functional teams and deliver hardware designs from concept to data center deployment. Responsibilities will include interacting directly with Microsoft's services teams, cross-discipline design teams focusing on the functional interfaces and develop test cases and qualify the designs. This is an opportunity to leverage and grow your existing hardware design/validation experience and provide innovative E2E hardware solutions to Microsoft Cloud.Responsibilities:
- Be part of the concept design discussions, gather node/rack system level requirements, clarify interfaces Provide feedback into future designs requirements to help develop robust and high-performance cloud hardware solutions.
- Develop node/rack system level requirements, develop new technologies interfaces/integration specs, Cloud DC node/rack level specs and design guides.
- Engage with MS project v-team and external OEM/ODMs and provide system level test coverage guidance and execution support.
- Systems engineer will help in cross-boundary issue triage, debug and resolution.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure systems meet significant quality, reliability, and service level requirements for a cloud environment.
- Architect new technologies cloud HW life cycle test scenarios and guide software engineers to automate test flows.
- BS / MS Electrical/Computer Engineering or related degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience in hardware design and Server Platform validation across all stages of the development and release cycles
- Fundamental knowledge of Computer Architecture, Server architecture at block level, Electrical/Power Hardware Design and HW/FW/OS interactions is required.
- Ability to read electrical board schematics, High-speed buses tuning (DDR, PCIe, or equivalent).
- Experience in evaluating hardware designs, HW/FW/OS interactions, platform config trade-offs, and E2E error flows is required.
- Experience in usage of debug tools like (ITP, Arium, ARM JTAG tools or equivalent).
- Experienced in debugging complex system level issues related to board hardware, signal integrity, CPLD, thermal and Firmware components is required.
- Strong technical communication skills (verbal and written) to interface with cross-functional technical leads within and/or outside of the organization.
- Experience in test automation scripts development using C/Python or any other programming language would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Firmware development will be an added advantage.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.