Advance the automotive market and advance your career at Gentex! Join a collaborative culture devoted to innovation, cooperation, and continuous improvement. Your ideas are not just heard, they are celebrated! Explore Gentex today!
The Electrical Engineer III provides electronics design, test, and analysis expertise in support of product development and manufacturing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide electronic design expertise in a cross-functional engineering team to develop and launch new products and support mass production.
- Support development of test requirements, methods, and limits to confirm the quality of products during development and mass production.
- Utilize CAD tools to perform electrical design.
- Utilize electrical design analysis and simulation tools to aid in circuit design and ensure products meet Gentex quality standards
- Support debug of complex electronic designs and root cause analysis.
- Support cross-functional design reviews with electronic design expertise.
- Provide electronic design and analysis mentoring and training to co-workers.
- Stay current with technology, manufacturing, and industry trends to drive continuous improvement of products, process, and methods.
- Maintain knowledge of Gentex processes and practices to drive consistent high-quality development and manufacturing.
- Other duties as assigned.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
- Maintain high level of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality with respect to company matters.
- Analytical Thinking: Tackling a problem by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach.
- Quality Focus: Promote and maintain high standards of work, looking for ways to improve products and services, while encouraging coworkers to do so as well.
- Communicates effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey clear understanding, taking into account the unique needs of different audiences.
- Situational adaptability: Adapts approach and processes to match the shifting demands of different situations. Shows an openness to new ideas and handles uncertainty well. Assumes new responsibilities when necessary.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional working experience.
- Embedded hardware design using microcontrollers, microprocessors, SoCs, or FPGAs.
- Architecture development and detailed design of ADAS, video processing, and display systems.
- Application of automotive EMC and quality standards to hardware design from concept through production.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up, debugging, and functional verification.
- Mentor Graphics Designer or DxDesigner for schematic capture.
Gentex is an equal opportunity employer
Gentex extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees regardless of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), disability, marital status, military service, height, weight, genetic information, or any other reason protected by law.