As a Sr.Audio Engineer, you will be a part of a highly motivated and talented audio team on a mission to bringing the most innovative smart audio products to customers- from initial product concepts, prototyping, demonstration and manufacturing. This role is a big part of creating the best music listening and voice interaction experience to all customers of Amazon devices. In particular, you will:
· Design innovative speaker and microphone array systems using state of art engineering tools and techniques
· Collaborate with research scientists and software engineers to tune and optimize audio signal processing algorithms for music and speech processing
· Design and source transducers, amplifiers, codecs and other sub-components for the system wide optimization
· Follow through manufacturing process to ensure the highest build quality
· Test and validate hardware/software quality issues pre and post production
· Develop modeling and automated test tools
· Lead design reviews and cross-functional meetings
· Requires travel 10-20% of the time domestically and internationally
· Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Physics, EE, ME or related field
· 7+ years of relevant experience in audio product development
· Experienced with lumped acoustic modeling with commercial package or custom software
· Knowledge of audio digital signal processing fundamentals - sampling, bit resolution, spectral analysis, transfer function calculations, filtering and convolution
· Familiarity with analog filter and power amp design
· Experienced with running FEM model of transducer or room acoustics using Comsol, Actran or similar packages
· Experienced with writing Matlab or Python scripts for acoustic testing and data analysis
· Experienced with acoustic measurement instruments - free field microphones, binaural manikins, mouth simulators etc.
· Experienced with audio data acquisition and analysis systems such as Lab View, Audio Precision, SoundCheck etc.
· Experienced in CAD in NX , SolidWorks or similar
· Understanding of analog/digital MEMS microphone specs - SNR, AOP, sensitivity etc
· Master's or PhD in the relevant field
· Track record of inventing new acoustic design for speakers, headphones or microphone array applications
· Experience working on high volume consumer electronics.
Job ID: 607972