Sr. Hadoop Adminstrator
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: Full time (permanent)
Title: Senior Hadoop Administrator
* Administer and maintain Hortonworks Hadoop clusters across all environments ? Production, UAT, Development and DR.
* Installation/upgrade/configuration of the Hortonworks Hadoop platform.
* Proactively monitor cluster health and perform performance tuning activities.
* Perform capacity planning and expansion activities working across Infrastructure and other Enterprise Services teams
* Perform cluster maintenance with patching, backup/recovery, user provisioning, automation of routine tasks, troubleshooting of failed jobs, configure and maintain security policies.
* Typically has 5 - 7 years of related IT experience
*Bachelor-s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
* 3+ years of hands on experience with enterprise level Hadoop administration (Hortonworks preferred
* Strong understanding of one or more major RDBMStechnologies like Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL etc.
* Understanding of High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Storage technologies like Data replication, SRDF/non-SRDF
* Strong Linux/Unix and Networking experience
* In depth understanding of Hadoop ecosystem like HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark, Sqoop, Solr, kafka, oozie , Knox etc.
*Experience in installation/configuration Hadoop clusters from scratch.
*Experience in upgrading Hadoop clusters using rolling upgrade/express upgrade methods.
*Experience in troubleshooting and analyzing Hadoop cluster services/component failures and job failures.
*Experience in setup, configuration and management of security for Hadoop clusters using Kerberos and integration with LDAP/AD at an Enterprise level.
*Experience with setting up Ranger policies for HDFS and Hive.
* Implementation experience in setting and configuring backup and recovery procedure on Hadoop.
* Implementation experience in setting and configuring High availability and Disaster Recovery procedures.
*Experience in managing Hadoop cluster with Ambari and developing custom tools/scripts to monitor the Hadoop Cluster health.
*Experience in configuration and tuning of various components like HDFS, YARN, Hive, Spark.
*Experience in documenting Runbooks, and other operational documentation.
* Any experience with No-SQL database platforms like mongoDB or MarkLogic will be a big plus