Manages our growing MAPR cluster in a multi-tenancy environment. This role will work closely with other IT teams and be responsible for capacity planning, configuration, cluster expansion, monitoring, tuning and overall ongoing support of the cluster environment.
- Responsible for understanding the data use cases.
- Design, develop and implement data loading solutions into Hadoop utilizing various native and custom API connectors.
- Manage Hadoop and Spark cluster environments - Cluster sizing, cluster configuration, smoke testing, service allocation, security setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of hardware and software upgrades.
- Work with Operations on monitoring and troubleshooting of incidents to maintain service levels.
- Develop and deliver data connectivity and storage solutions.
- Architect, develop and debug Hadoop applications using Java and other Hadoop eco system components like HBase, Pig and Hive.
- Research and recommend methods and technologies to improve cluster operation and user experience.
- Mentor and train other associates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of course work and job experience
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, configuring, installation and maintenance of Open Source Big-data applications, with focused experience on MapR distribution.
- Scripting experience using Shell, Python or PowerShell.
- Experience in installing and deploying applications on Linux Platform.
- Experience in upgrading Linux / MapR
- Hands on experience with distributed application architecture and implementation using Map
- Hands on experience with distributed application architecture and implementation using MapR
- Experience handling different file formats in Hadoop.
- Core experience in Java/Python for data processing and other scripting languages optional.
- Experience with big data workflows and Lambda architecture
- Experience with Linux OS and Installation/Configuration and Maintenance of MapR Distribution.