At Greene, Tweed, you'll find the cutting-edge technology, world-class polymer expertise and endless advancement opportunities you'd expect from a multi-national industry leader. You'll find them all in an environment that embraces diversity in people and opinions, moves decision making to the point of impact, and celebrates your success.
If you enjoy continuous learning and are excited about working with and creating technological solutions, explore career opportunities with Greene, Tweed.
We are currently searching for a Senior Automation Engineer to accelerate our Advanced Manufacturing strategy in our Kulpsville, PA facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides hands on technical support, focused on the implementation, programming and maintenance of existing robotic/automated systems
- Performs diagnostic checks, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair of the mechanical, electrical and software elements of a system maximizing efficiency and minimizing downtime in production
- Provides conceptual design and detailed engineering drawings to include: equipment layouts, equipment sizing, equipment specification, equipment selection, mechanical piping drawings, electrical drawings, bill of materials, bid package drawings, etc.
- Create and maintain company-wide engineering design standards and specifications for Automation Equipment & Systems
- Provide technical support to all factories preventive maintenance teams
- Support capital projects for all of company manufacturing facilities
- Develop and issue bid specifications for RFP's and RFQ's for the Design through Commission of new or rebuilt process equipment and control systems
- Develop and maintain clear and accurate documentation of automation equipment or processes
- Coach and mentor others in automation technology and implementation of automated systems
- Preferred candidate will have 10+ years of equipment mechanical design experience, including working knowledge of electrical engineering codes
- Demonstrated track record of cost savings achieved via the implementation of process automation in a manufacturing setting required; Preference given to candidate who have experience working with rubber, plastics or composite processing.
- Previous experience implementing control methodology in PLC and HMI platforms required
- Ability to read, interpret and draft control systems and electrical wiring schematics required
- Preference given to candidates with Automation/Equipment certifications (i.e. Certified Vision Professional, Robotics, PLC, etc.)
- 2D/3D modeling experience desired
- Selected individual will have strong interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels in the organization.
- BS Degree Engineering discipline (Mechanical Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechatronics or Robotics preferred).