As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will help build the foundation of a company that is doing things for which no blueprint currently exists. We are seeking to leverage current capabilities of our agile procurement system with enhancements that will meet all relevant federal procurement regulations but preserve the unique Blue culture and speed. Responsibilities will include proposal support for subcontractors along with managing subcontracts and representing the Integrated Supply Chain organization at various levels on functional and cross-functional teams. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Manage subcontracts (domestic/international) and represents the Supply Chain organization at various levels on functional and cross-functional teams to drive business success.
- Advise and contribute to the development of enhancements and add-ons to the current procurement system tailored for government revenue capture opportunities
- Negotiate and administers multiple subcontract types, to include but not limited to Firm Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, Time and Materials, as well as development/R&D efforts.
- Evaluate, identify, and select suppliers and business partners.
- Work closely with cross-functional representatives to define and implement procurement strategies and develop subcontract Statements of Work.
- Solicit proposals from prospective subcontractors and employs value analysis techniques to analyze cost/price, technical capability and financial viability, conducting investigations to ensure ability to perform within cost and schedule.
- Monitor and report cost, schedule and status of subcontractors and recommends or implements corrective action as necessary.
- Prepare subcontract documentation in accordance with established company, customer and government regulations.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive, relevant experience in supply chain, preferably subcontracts Experience in the government and/or aerospace industries
- Experience with multiple subcontract types, including Firm Fixed Price (FFP), cost reimbursable, and Time and Material (T&M) subcontracts
- Thorough working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR and DFAR)
- Experience making presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in managing suppliers or projects Experience with root cause corrective action (RCCA)
- Experience with import/export regulations (ITAR/EAR)
- Experience in desktop computing tools (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Experience with Truth in Negotiations Act/Truthful Cost or Pricing Data
- Bachelor's Degree required (B.S. or B.A.) in business, engineering, or related field
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience leading or providing critical support to one or more of the following: Contractor Purchasing System Review, Incurred Cost Audits, and MAAR 13 (Mandatory Annual Audit Requirement) - Purchase Existence and Consumption Audit.
- Prior experience working in the defense industry
- Demonstrated experience managing critical strategic suppliers that are competitors and suppliers
- Demonstrated experience leading executive and program level supplier reviews
- Organizational capabilities and be detail oriented Ability to grasp / understand technical concepts / applications
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a US Government Security Clearance
- Master's Degree in Business or related field