About the team:
The Stanley Black & Decker Global Supply Management (GSM) team is our strategic sourcing organization focused on leveraging thecompany’s scale to achieve the best possible price with the best possible quality; service and delivery among all categories of spend. In addition, the team maintains close alignment with the businesses to support overall strategies, and drives to a best-in-class sourcing organization using Stanley Fulfillment System principles.
About the Job:
Stanley Black & Decker Global Supply Management (GSM) has an opportunity for a Global Supply Manager, supporting global spend. Thefocus is to support each location of the assigned business as it relates to sourcing and supply chain activities. Alignment with GSM support team and the business, is key to accomplish the goals and key responsibilities of this role.
Job Description & Major Responsibilities:
• Manage $20 - $400M in finished goods spend.
• Oversee / Manage $100 - $600M in total material spend, leveraging the center-led GSM team for support in various commodity spend streams
• Formulate global sourcing strategies and driving tactical execution: Delivering year-over year productivity & working capital goals
• Establish strong and effective relationships with key suppliers to ensure quality, cost, delivery, and productivity targets are met
• Work with Businesses/Plants to achieve annual productivity targets.
• Project Manage item level trials to dual qualify additional sources in support of 2+1 strategy and/or resourcing initiatives
• Assist in the identification and execution of the negotiated inventory programs
• Support, organize and participate in various events including supplier conferences and summits
• Collect and analyze data for key projects and initiatives
• Drive supplier consolidation and supplier risk management objectives
• Negotiate, implement and manage supplier contracts and service level agreements
• Support new product development including new product launch process to quote across global suppliers
• Institute world class procurement / sourcing processes and practices including but not limited to, supplier development & supplier scorecards
• Conduct Make versus Buy evaluation of key product lines in support of business strategies.
• Support acquisition integration projects including due diligence, opportunity assessments, sub-team participation, delivery of synergy targets, and overall project management of sourcing initiatives.
• Identify, manage and resolve issues with suppliers that pose risk to the business following the templates and direction of the supplier risk council.
• Prepare and submit various reports to support GSM, the business, and financial requirements, such as but not limited to inflation, working capital, productivity, synergies.
• Prepare RFI’s, RFP’s, and RFQ’s and evaluate supplier proposals
• Effectively support & leverage across multiple divisions/plants across the company
• Support and participate in supplier quality, development, audits, and performance rating.
• Lead, execute and support in various initiatives as it relates to communications, relationships, product flow, supply chain, supplier risk, supplier quality, center of excellence.
• Lead individuals and teams to deliver results or special project management. Reporting may be solid, dotted, or team.
• Work closely with all functions (Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Legal, Logistics, IT, etc) to formulate, implement and execute sourcing and continuous improvement strategies.
• Additional projects and tasks as required.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of procurement and sourcing techniques and strategies, supplier integration, and continuous improvement initiatives
• Proven track record of developing and executing successful YOY productivity projects
• Computer skills (MS Office)
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
• Effective leadership & facilitation skills demonstrated
• Strong Project, Program management and Problem solving skills required
• Ability to work in a matrixed environment, managing multiple and often times conflicting priorities
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 7 years of strategic sourcing experience including supplier selection, supplier management, contract negotiations etc.
• Manufacturing experience preferred, utilizing DFM and/or 6-Sigma cost optimization.
• Domestic and International as necessary
Why Stanley Black & Decker?
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
• Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come
• Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
• Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible towork in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
US - Global GSM
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.