Sr. Global Marketing Manager, Pharma & Personal Care
The Global Market/Industry Manager is responsible for defining the strategy for the Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Industry Market and ten highly fragmented, highly regulated sub-segments to drive sales growth and profitability, optimizing the product portfolio and driving PRISM product development programs for the segment. In addition, the Market/Industry Leader will champion product-related profitability enhancement programs to optimize cash and margin generation.
- Lead development and execution of marketing strategy for a recognized growth segment for Grace to drive sales growth and profitability
- Develop and implement product and service strategies for the segment that further the overall Materials business strategy and drive sales, maximizing market opportunities, revenue and profitability for the segment.
- Ten sub-segments, highly technical, highly fragmented, extraordinarily wide range of product offerings
- Portfolio responsibility for products produced in 6 of 7 MT plants globally, with regulatory requirements
- Devise pricing and margin guidelines for the segment consistent with the strategy and value proposition, and geared to drive growth and profitability. Ensure pricing proposals are aligned with the strategy and margin growth commitments. Review and approve exceptions.
- Collect and analyze market information to understand the market size, environment, needs, trends, and opportunities for products within the segment, working with sales to collect direct customer feedback.
- Monitor competitive behavior and product performance. Anticipate competitive response. Devise strategies to differentiate our products and services and defend our position.
- Segment the market and develop customer value propositions aligned with the strategy for target segments and accounts. Drive implementation.
- Regularly meet with Key customers/Industry players to obtain first hand information on market and customer needs. Be active member in key account teams within segment.
- Serve as the linchpin for global activities at the customer level by triangulating information from global opportunities to help realize and maximize multiple key account synergies that are otherwise not apparent when managed separately and independently;
- Coordinate discrete projects globally into driving value for Grace across multiple sub-segments
- Plan and lead execution of Marcom related activities including trade shows, product literature, & advertising campaigns
- Lead overall PRISM process and portfolio reviews for the product line
- Responsible for driving segment new application sets (i.e. Liaison between technical service, R&D and the Hyderabad labs).
- Working closely with R&D, lead new product development programs for the segment through the PRISM stage-gate process using business strategy and growth potential to guide selection and prioritization. Develop commercialization and launch plans for new products while actively managing the size of the portfolio including rationalization of older products.
- Develop and implement intellectual property strategy for the segment in conjunction with legal and R&D
- Appropriate ~30% time to help advance sales through opportunity pipeline due to the technical nature of the pharmaceutical industry by serving as part of the required cross functional team of technical service, marketing and sales required to gain new business and retain current business as required; technical product understanding is a critical success factor for this segment
- Understand and adapt to the highly regulated aspects of the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, toothpaste and food segments and drive the proper implementation of compliance
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficient Marketing Fundamentals. Ability to create a go-to market/marketing plan for highly complex and fragmented segment.Planning and Product Development skills within the Business to Business environment.
- Knowledge of current marketing trends and highly regulated aspects of the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, toothpaste and food segments.
- Proficient with internet and computer skills. Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in leading and managing multi-functional teams comprising members from different cultural backgrounds.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team. Influencing skills, rather than formal authority.
- A creative approach.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Strong budgeting skills.
- Self-Driven, motivated and takes initiative.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- The confidence to 'sell' your ideas.
- Fluent in English
Required Education and Experience
Degree in Marketing, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related technical field from an accredited college/university
- 10 - 15+ years of experience in the chemical manufacturing industry in the pharma and/or personal care market segment.
- 10 - 15+ years of experience in Marketing/Product Management