Sr. Global Compensation & EMEA Benefits Partner
Human Resources | Los Gatos
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
The Roku Compensation & Benefits team is looking for an innovative compensation and benefits professional tosupport the global compensation and EMEA benefits programs and strategies at Roku.
The Sr. Global Compensation and EMEA Partner is a full-time position located in Roku’s headquarters in Los Gatos, CA with two primary roles: Global Compensation and EMEA Benefits & HR Programs. This position will provide consultation and support to Cambridge UK and Aarhus Denmark Engineering offices and regional Sales & Marketing employees across the UK and other European countries, including Germany and the Netherlands. The primary EMEA objectives of the role is to provide a broad spectrum of guidance, support and leadership across the areas of benefits administration, payroll, compensation, employment law compliance, and immigration for the EMEA Roku employees. The primary compensation objectives of the role are to partner with the Compensation & Benefits team and HR todesign, assess, implement, and administer Roku’s compensation programs worldwide.
This position reports to the Director of Global Compensation and Benefits.
Global Compensation Responsibilities:
- Assist with our quarterly compensation planning process with seamless execution. Prepare roll-up, review and analysis presentations for Executive approval
- Participate in compensation surveys and providing analysis of competitive positioning
- Provide compensation benchmark data upon request from HR, the business, and/or Staffing
- Partner with the Compensation and Benefits team to make pension programs and equity compensation program recommendations for the region
- Analyze key HR and industry data, and make proactive recommendations to guide business leaders’ decisions
- Prepare monthly stock package for approval
- Assist with quarterly Compensation Committee analysis
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis to support business needs
- Streamline compensation processes to increase efficiencies and optimize results.
EMEA Benefits & HR Program Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for all compensation and benefit inquiries from Roku’s EMEA offices
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance on EMEA Compensation, Benefits and HR Programs; performing activities to develop, implement, and administer, and communicate benefits policies and programs
- Participating in local compensation and benefits survey; provide providing analysis of competitive positioning
- Partner closely with our global benefits broker and local benefits carriers and vendors in our European locations
- Establish a leave policy and administer leave program, including workflows and communications
- Administer the UK Pension Program, Supplemental Health, Childcare Vouchers, etc.
- Provide guidance for UK immigration issues and partner with immigration legal vendor as appropriate
- Provide accurate and timely communication for a wide variety of HR initiatives including, but not limited to, company programs, benefits, and organizational changes
- Represent HR as main contact for Core GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Team to insure HR’s compliance
- Create and deliver successful presentations, and facilitate training to individuals and groups at all levels of an organization
- Deliver new hire orientation for employees in EMEA
- A minimum of 8 years’ HR Compensation experience working for a US multinational high technology company. Roku is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, United States
- Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, including local employment laws and regulations. This includes self-directed maintenance on knowledge of current laws, events, industry trends, and economic factors that may impact Roku.
- Strong interpersonal skills including influencing, and the ability to create effective business partnerships withleaders across multiple lines of business; highly collaborative style and strong team orientation
- Energetic, self-starter with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a complex, matrix and fast-paced environment
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary integrity and ethics demonstrated across all HR disciplines
- Excellent analytical, modeling, and problem-solving skills with exemplary attention to details
- Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Travel may be required
- Must be available to begin the workday at 7am PST to overlap with EMEA working hours
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, advanced degree is a plus
- 8+ years’ experience in hands-on and strategic HR management
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel and extensive experience working with Microsoft Office, HRIS, and Applicant Tracking Systems
- HR Systems implementation
- UK, Denmark, Germany, and/or Netherlands benefits local employment law experience preferred
Characteristics of success at Roku:
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed