Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity within our Water Heavy Civil Practice! We are looking for a talented Sr. Geotechnical Engineer in Northern California.
This position will provide engineering and construction related planning, design, analysis, oversight and studies for domestic and international geotechnical and Heavy Civil projects.
Functions as technical specialist supporting project and pursuit teams on Heavy Civil projects. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity and is responsible for execution of assigned projects.
- Support geotechnical and Heavy Civil Business Line projects including Tunnels, Dams, Buried Infrastructure, and Hydro Practice Pursuits
- Performs site visits of on-going construction work and overseeing geotechnical field investigations, may require up to 30% field work.
- Prepares design materials for basic design assignments.
- Reviews manufacturer's drawings with respect to B&V design criteria; marks for conformance.
- Prepares design sketches for drafting and incorporation into design criteria.
- Develops preliminary layouts and other plans.
- Coordinates, as assigned, design with other personnel working on same project to minimize design conflicts.
- Performs special studies or analyses of specific portions of a project; study includes research, investigation or coordination.
- Coordinates with personnel in other departments, project managers and client personnel to review designs and resolve areas of concern.
- Supervises the engineering work of assigned Drafters, Designers, and subordinate Engineers. This includes work assignments, scheduling and review.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for an assigned portion of a major project or the total project of moderate scope.
- Develops alternate methods, techniques or design concepts as required to resolve unique design problems.
- 15+ years of experince
- Previous experience in supporting heavy civil projects with an emphasis in Tunnels, Dams, Buried Infrastructure, and/or Hydro projects
- Previous experience in a client facing role
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.