We have been retained by a multi-talented and multi-disciplined engineering technology corporation who are seeking Sr Geotechnical Engineer, PE to team up with their team.
We are looking for the best and brightest for this Sr Geotechnical Engineer, PE position in Syracuse, NY area. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, the cost of living, the compensation and the quality of life.
Is this you??? – Sr Geotechnical Engineer, PE
Salary $80k-$110k DOE + Relocation Assistance + Benefits – Syracuse, NY area
- BS degree in Civil Engineering. Masters and PhD in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering preferred, but not mandatory
- Registration as Professional Civil Engineer in New York State within 30 days of employment
- 15+ years of relevant experience required
- Ability to interact with client and design team during design and construction phases of a project
- Proficient in project management with proven ability to meet business goals
- Strong background in soil mechanics with extensive knowledge of geotechnical analyses and laboratory testing of soil
- Be able to process data efficiently and be able to solve problems on job sites efficiently
- Extensive experience and understanding in the provision of geotechnical engineering recommendations/soil parameters for shallow and deep foundations, pavements, site preparation and site mitigation
- Demonstrated knowledge of geotechnical engineering software
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License that meets or exceeds the company’s driving requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Sr Geotechnical Engineer, PE Summary
The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for managing geotechnical projects, geotechnical report preparation, peer review of geotechnical reports, geotechnical specification writing, and performing basic and complex geotechnical calculations. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will also be a mentor to junior geotechnical staff.
- Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including complex engineering analyses, report preparation, field exploration and laboratory analysis
- Be thoroughly engaged in loss prevention and limitation of liability on geotechnical assignments
- Provide mentorship to Staff Engineers (E.I.T.’s and PhD’s) and help to professionally develop said engineers
- Evaluate ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction
- Perform shallow and deep foundation designs and slope stability analyses
- Perform deep foundation analysis for various types of piles (such as helical piles, micropiles, driven steel/timber piles, drilled piers/shafts), including WEAP analysis
- Geotechnical design of shoring and bracing systems such as soldier pile lag walls, sheet pile walls, cellular coffer dams, secant pile walls, etc.
- Geotechnical design of tieback anchors and rock anchors
- Geotechnical design of retaining walls such as segmental retaining walls, cantilevered retaining walls, gabion walls, reinforced earth walls, etc.
- Conduct seismic studies such as site class determination, liquefaction analysis, site-specific spectral response analysis, liquefaction induced settlement analysis, etc.
- Conduct group pile analysis, soil-pile interaction study and lateral load and deflection behavior analysis
- Develop and manage geotechnical laboratory testing programs
- Review requests for proposals (RFP’s), develop and finalize proposals, and act as division liaison between the company and their clients
- Attend geotechnical special inspection (S.I.) and project kick-off meetings; monitor and supervise geotechnical (S.I.) programs during construction
- Peer review geotechnical reports prepared by other geotechnical engineering staff
- Regularly communicate with clients to ensure quality of work, exceptional staff performance, and address client concerns and expectations
- Actively participate in professional and technical organizations
- Understand and follow company policies and procedures
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.