Forecast load requirements, peak day analysis, and provide backup for commercial supply activity, including physical purchasing and executing financial transactions related to company hedging requirements.
SALARY RANGE: $73,000 - $95,000
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled.
LOCATION: Papillion, NE
A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position! Our benefits include but are not limited to: home finding trip, transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses, destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move, transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing, renter's lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager – Gas Supply
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for design day studies.
- Utilizes regression analysis and other analytical tools to determine appropriate levels of firm entitlement and gas supply requirements for each pipeline and operating regions. Must also be able to perform competitive price analysis to evaluate pipeline service alternatives. This willrequire significant market knowledge and experience.
- Conducts analysis on scheduled load to actual load. ~
- Responsible for monthly (daily on occasion as instructed) and seasonal design day studies. This will specifically include utilizing regression analysis (and other analytical tools) to best determine the appropriate levels of firm entitlement and monthly, seasonal and daily gas supply requirements for each pipeline and operating region.
- Work with Regulatory Affairs staff in communication with state commissions regarding design days, firm entitlement levels and regression analysis. This will include responsibility toappropriately respond to data requests, presentation material, analytical support, etc.
- Senior level analyst should be capable of completing basic supply plan information including supply and hedging overviews and summaries, as well as transportation and storage service agreement summaries.
- Responsible for all Gas Supply regions.
- Conduct post-mortem analysis on scheduled load to actual load. Research any variations and suggest updates to pipeline service contracts.
- Develops and recommends continued refinement of system support related to forecasting and design day studies.
- Participate in and/or lead special projects in Gas Supply including review, and integration if necessary of load forecast for any acquisitions.
- Serve as the lead contact for weather data.
- Produce various weather related reports and their impact on system load.
- Knowledgeable on Gas Day Modeling
- Provide backup support to execute financial transactions with futures broker, on ICE trading platform, and through introducing brokers while documenting trade notes, and market conditions.
- In addition have the ability to purchase physical supply through a Request for Proposal (RFP) process. This calls for the ability to analyze best pricing decisions while taking reliability into account and keeping appropriate records to support purchase decisions.
- The ability to support state operations, marketing, and economic development with interstate pipeline service availability.
- Regularly use spreadsheets, database and word processing software, and periodically learnnew programs.
- Develop or support development of presentations for Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, PUC and customer meetings.
- Deals with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills, both personal and electronic; must maintain a high level of professionalism; must possess a very high level of verbal skills and be able to listen carefully.
- Maintains a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- May be required to carry a company provided cell phone and be available to respond during working hours. May also be required to respond during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
- Will work with multiple departments within Black Hills including:
- Sales reps
- Legal department
- Regulatory (tariffs)
- Corporate Credit and Risk
- Other members of the Gas Asset Optimization team.
- 5 or more years of applicable experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field of work required (e.g. in the discipline of Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics) or equivalent years of experience.
- Gas Day modeling.
- State regulatory tariffs.
- Familiarity with Endur preferred.
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.