The senior fund accountant will be involved in all aspects of the daily maintenance, NAV performance reporting, monthly close and year-end financial statement preparation/review process for an investment partnership that trades in equities, options, total return swaps and foreign currency contracts.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Daily processing and instruction to administrator of accounting entries as it relates to portfolio and fund.
· Monthly fund closings including partner income allocations, fee calculations, portfolio reconciliations, dividend reconciliations and interaction with outside administrator to reconcile books.
· Perform various day to day tasks related to fund closing and performance reporting.
· Work with external auditors during audit testing and year-end financial statements audit.
· Participate in special projects.
· Ad-hoc management and compliance reporting.
· Aid in finding innovative ways to enhance processes.
· Mentor/lead junior accountants.
Qualified candidates should have an undergraduate degree (accounting preferred) with 5+ years’ experience in the private sector at a hedge fund or other investment company or fund administrator. Additional experience in a public accounting firm is helpful as well. Candidates should also have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, strong securities accounting skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Valid through: 9/10/2020