In this job, you'll be a key member of the Wurl engineering team building the system responsible for retrieval, curation, and scheduling of managed media into 24/7-linear channels and VOD deliveries. Challenges of this position include managing large libraries of content and related metadata, validating channels across multiple video services, preserving lineup integrity in the midst of ever-changing content, and optimizing for performance as Wurl continues to grow at a rapid pace.
What you will do:
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
Who you are:
- 7+ years of complete software lifecycle experience, including design, architecture, and implementation of software features.
- At least 1 year of production experience with React, including Typescript.
- Experience with JSON API-level interface, and GraphQL
- Experience using modern web technologies and network transports (WebSockets, Redis, SCSS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documenting software design and process.
- Deep knowledge of engineering fundamentals such as Agile methodology, git-flow, pull requests, code reviews, SLAs, and test-driven development.
A plus if you have experience:
- Using client-side state management tools like Redux and Apollo Client.
- An understanding of the W3C Media Source Extensions and the video tag.
- Knowledge of video delivery standards (HLS, MP4, RTMP, DASH, MRSS, MP-TS, RTMP)