A senior full-stack engineer in the cloud infrastructure team is responsible for co-building the interface and frameworks on which all of grubhub’s services are built and operate. This team is at the core of implementing distributed, scalable system foundations and designing for 5 9’s uptime and horizontal scalability.The individual will work on the frontend/frameworks all our services and their testing are built on as well as the services that comprise our platform on which services operate. This in includes our netty based traffic router and load balancer that sits between clients and all services handling millions of requests every day. Candidates in this space should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature rich, scalable systems and operational UI’s that are conducive to evolution.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help build the UI/frameworks to support multi datacenter, performant and highly available services.
- Use and help drive the building, requirements, and usage of a continuous delivery environment interfaces and pipelines
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- Strong knowledge of Java (5+ years), or similar language
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing usable interfaces for tool management or monitoring
- AWS experience, or similar cloud based offerings.
- Automated testing experience applicable for UIs/services (karma, jasmine, junit/testng, protractor, etc.)
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)