We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Software Applications Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The Wealth Management Technology team is looking for a software engineer to design/develop major enhancements to the Intelligent Portfolios suite of products and create new products that positively impact our clients and those who serve our clients. This position requires a
self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, secure, and reliable solutions is key to success in this role. Our Software Applications Engineers are driven to learn, grow and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze, design, develop, debug, configure and modify software systems and/or new products used in local, cloud, networked, mobile or Internet-related technology. Code may be used in commercial and/or end-user applications.
- Leverage current and evolving technologies to design, code, test, log, debug, document, and analyze current and future applications, all with the goals of Maintainability, Security, Availability, and Scalability.
- Interact with users and/or stakeholders to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Lead cooperative efforts among members of project teams.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff members.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
- 8+ years professional experience in software development
- 5+ years leveraging object oriented languages such as C#, Java, and/or C++
- Familiarity with OWASP Top 10 and prevention techniques
- Ability to develop unit tests and effectively automate test execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to fully support all phases of the SDLC
- Requirements review
- Translating requirements into a Design
- Design implementation
- All aspects of testing
- Production implementation and support
- Data analysis
- Participation in review and governance activities
- Hunger to learn and an intense technical curiosity
- Critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Tenacity and persistence
- Working knowledge of creating cloud-native applications
- Experience developing with .NET Core
- Experience with scrum methodology
- Experience tuning and maximizing performance of UI & API components
- Understanding of common design patterns and appropriate usage
- Ability and desire to contribute to application and platform architecture and design
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life