American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a passionate and analytical individual looking to contribute his/her skills and leadership to the Front End Engineering team. The Sr. Front End Engineer I is responsible for creating single page apps, while working closely with, and providing support to, front end developers, software (API) engineers, designers, and product owners.
They will play a large role in assessing needs and available technology, and helping guide the direction for the front end team, as well as representing the front end discipline to the rest of the organization. He/she will be expected to help mentor other engineers as well as maintain and assist in review of the front end team's code.
- Develop mobile-first, single page apps using Ember.js for use on various devices and in various environments.
- Provide support to the rest of the web development team by converting mockups and wireframes into clean, easy to maintain, and reusable components (using Ember.js).
- Validate / test for 508 compliancy and cross-browser/platform/device compatibility.
- Write clean, maintainable, and reusable code that adheres to code standards (check them out at
- Assist with discovery and diagnoses of bugs. Help develop solutions to fix bugs and mitigate the chance future bugs
- Recommend possible improvements in components and code libraries
- Mentor and assist other Front End Engineers
- Communicate directly with business/product owners
- Participate in Front End and scrum team meetings
- Maintains code libraries and documents technical specs
- Represent the front end team in architecture meetings and solutions for the organization
- Research solutions
- Participate in code standards and lead code reviews
- Help plan and set the course for upcoming projects
- Experience building websites that adhere to mobile-first functionality and fluid layouts
- Experience architecting solutions for, and creating reusable components for use across multiple apps in the form of web components, or components as defined in Ember, React, Vue, Angular, etc. We use Ember, so experience with Ember is a plus
- 1+ year writing ES2015
- Experience with WebSockets or Service Workers, and localStorage
- Proficient with Node.js and the command line
- Expertise with Gulp.js or a similar build tool
- Extensive experience writing unit, integration, and acceptance/UI tests
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Bachelor's degree in human-computer interaction, computer science, or a related degree (or equivalent experience). High school diploma required.