- Deliver clean, semantic code that powers a customer-facing user experience spanning the desktop and mobile web.
- Drive performance by leveraging the modern web platform as well as cutting-edge cloud technologies.
- Work with business analysts, UX designers, and other engineers to craft well-defined technical stories in an Agile environment.
- Shape the future of front end web development at Illumina and work with a diverse, world-class team.
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 4-6 years of relevant front end development experience
- Experience or familiarity with the latest web technologies and standards like Angular, React, Redux, PWAs, Service Workers, HTTP/2, TypeScript, ES2015, CSS3, Sass, Less, Webpack, Rollup, and RxJS.
- Experience working collaboratively through Github.
- Experience implementing complex user interfaces for the mobile web and desktop from mockups and prototypes.
- Experience working and thriving in an Agile development environment.
- A proven track record of developing and deploying web applications.
- Good grasp of front end application architecture like Redux and implementing it with libraries like ngrx.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- A passion for user experience design, accessibility, and visual design.
- Experience in testing front end code and user interfaces using Jasmine, Karma, and Protractor.
- Experience in tuning and testing web application performance.
- An advocate for the modern web and its ever-evolving frameworks and platform.
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering or equivalent practical experience.