- Independently provides bench and lab related work activities to support the development of new products, product line extensions, duplications, product and process improvements and cost improvements. (30%)
- Provides leadership to others in the department and is seen as an expert throughout the company. Acts as a technical resource and mentor to facilitate skill enhancement for the product development team. Provides operational support. Leads training for new technologists, demonstrating lab safety, procedures and techniques. (30%)
- Monitors and analyzes the scale up, first production and quality assurance practices of the developed product through the commercialization process and identify areas for improvement to facilitate department operations. (25%)
- Identifies new sources and suppliers for raw materials in compliance with established quality assurance standards. (10%)
- Maintains laboratory, including upkeep of equipment, stocking of supplies and general cleaning of work areas. (5%)
- Capable of independently conducting and leading in-house and on site customer presentations.
- Studies methods to improve quality of food such as flavor, color, texture, nutritional value and convenience in support of strategic objectives. Researches new ingredients or technologies that will create a competitive advantage.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
- Up to 20% travel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in food science, engineering, or related field of science from an accredited college or university
6 to 10 years of relevant work experience, with an understanding of food chemistry, food safety, and related regulations.