SGS helps to improve food safety, enhance quality, support sustainable development, improve margins and protect brands. SGS auditors have the industry and business expertise to perform food audits against chosen criteria and code of practice.
As the Sr. Food Safety Auditor, you will act as a Lead Auditor in more than one standard (i.e. FSSC22000, SQF, BRC and /or Quality Management system standard) and conduct integrated audits where required as per global procedures, local procedures, guidance and instructing of Food Product Manager/Technical Manager.
- Perform audits against numerous international standards such as International Featured Standard (IFS), Safe Quality Food (SQF), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and the SGS Hygiene Monitored Approval Scheme while delivering on time arrival of audit report.
- Conduct public presentations, training and seminars on specific standards where required.
- Assist in the training of other auditors during planned audits or during other training functions.
- Report any customer complaints, problems and or system deficiencies to the Food Certification management / Technical Manager and Business Manager.
- To participate actively in witness audits.
- Conduct Sales/Marketing presentations of food services and technical advice to those marketing and sale function where required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Bio Science is required.
- 5+ years work experience and qualified as SQF, BRC and/or FSSC 22000 lead auditor (especially High-Risk products).
- At least 5 years work experience of proven management function in food industry.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in quality assurance function or food safety management system coordination.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time, possible weekend travel.