Teledyne LeCroy develops leading edge test and measurement products which engineering teams around the globe use to develop next generation of communication, consumer electronics and computer products.
We looking for an experienced Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer who has the right composition of knowledge, experience, team spirit and drive, to join a dynamic team that develops leading edge test and measurement products. Top engineering teams around the globe use our systems to develop next-generation communication, consumer electronics and computer products. This position requires a good working knowledge of low-level hardware drivers, system and hardware level diagnostic routines, boot loader, error handling, and event logging. Candidates with prior knowledge of data communications products, protocols and principles, test equipment, computer systems, electronic, general engineering practices, and computer programming principles are preferred.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Proven expertise in writing low level firmware and test routines for firmware in C using embedded bus technologies, such as I2C, SPI, and UART.
- Participate in the development of the board support package for an embedded Linux platform.
- Test against product requirements and industry specifications.
- Create system requirements, design plan, design specification, and software architecture taking into account performance, quality, reliability, cost, and reuse.
- Research technologies and commercial components available to achieve requirements.
- Develop and document code to meet requirements and execute thorough unit test plans and QA.
- Present and/or lead design review of code and QA results.
- Participate in creation of documentation such as internal technical documents and user manuals.
- Possibility of some travel limited to once or twice a year.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics with 6+ years of industry experience.
- Strong programming skills with C, C++, Python/Cython, C#.
- Experience with Xilinx Series 7 devices, including Zynq, ARM, or other similar system on a chip devices.
- Experience with embedded Linux development.
- Experience in developing software for controlling complex hardware-based systems.
- A very methodical, detail-oriented individual that is self-motivated.
- A persistent goal-driven approach, flexibility, determination, team building and leadership are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of bus analyzers, JTAG, emulators and other firmware debugging tools.
- Experience developing drivers and helping to maintain an RTOS.
- Experience and taste for designing and implementing user interfaces.
- Knowledge of network communication protocols, such as Bluetooth, 802.11, or other wireless technology.
- Experience with collaboration tools and configuration management tools, such as GIT.
- Experience with working in agile development environment.