Super Micro Computer, Inc. is currently seeking a talented Firmware Engineer to work in the company’s headquarters in San Jose, CA. Firmware Engineer will be responsible for development and implementation of the firmware while working in a fast-paced team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Define, develop, test, document, and maintain firmware solutions for in-house server systems
- Work closely with the software and hardware teams to develop and integrate embedded code in a variety of processors: PICs, ARMs, etc.
- Work closely with support team for debugging/troubleshooting issues, serve as advisor as a subject matter expert to ensure that optimal design decision are made
- Participating in all project lifecycle phases – from design and code development through unit testing, documentation, and release
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- BS or MS in EE or CS/CE is required
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in firmware development
- Solid programming skills in C/C++ and Java preferable
- Experience in embedded Linux development
- Experience in ARMs architecture
- Experience in IPMI protocol, virtual media and web server is a plus
- TCP/IP network protocols and typical network operations practices is desired
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.:
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green®” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.