We are looking for a Sr. Firmware engineer to be part of our team. Help us develop the next generation of irrigation controllers so our customers can use water even more effectively.
Rain Bird Corporation is a privately held company founded in 1933 during the agricultural boom in California. We are the leading global manufacturer and provider of irrigation products and services. Since the beginning, Rain Bird has produced and offered the industry’s broadest range of irrigation products for farms, golf courses, sports arenas, commercial developments and homes in more than 130 countries around the world.
- Responsible for all aspects of firmware development for new, innovative product designs using embedded microprocessors.
- Provide technical leadership and use influencing skills to manage and progress projects.
- Participate in sustaining activities for existing products including diagnosis and resolution of defects.
- Scope of responsibilities will cover architectural design, technical specifications, reusable modular designs, cost-effective engineering designs, code development, testing to robust environments, production implementation and product support in a cross-functional team environment.
- Candidate will interact with engineering, marketing, management and project leads to assure that product development priorities are completed to schedule and budget, while ensuring quality and product performance requirements are met.
- Product development activities include design and development, rigorous design reviews, incorporation of lessons learned from existing products, product verification and field validation along with coordinating with quality assurance and developing appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- Responsible for writing high-quality, well-documented, bug-free code
- Must be self-directed and be able to work within scope with a minimum amount of supervision.
- BS in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or other related technical degree.
- Experience with C and C++ ; knowledge of assembly language
- Experience with successful project and team leadership from a technical perspective.
- Experience with full product life cycle from concept to market release and sustaining.
- Evidence of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions to both engineering and customer problems.
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written) and ability to work in both teams and independently
- Evidence of strong firmwarearchitecture design thinking and ability to clearly document designs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate small engineering projects, get buy-in for solutions and efficiently track progress to completion.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- 5+ years of prior experience using embedded processors such as Atmel AVR, Microchip PIC, 8051, and similar 8-bit processors.
- 1-5years of prior experience using embedded 32-bit Cortex ARM cores such as M0, M4.
- Experience with multi-tasking and multi-processor communication using microprocessors with and without RTOS implementations
- Experience developing code for resource-constrained microcontroller-based products
- Experience with developing “bring-up” code for new circuit boards, and executing “board bring-up”
- Experience in use of advanced development/debugging tools; e.g. C/C++ compilers, ICE, JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with unit test frameworks such as CPPUNIT
- Experience using UML modelling techniques and tools
- Direct experience designing and implementing digital and analogcircuitry
- Experience in the irrigation industry