Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Sr. Financial Systems Developer uses technical expertise and advanced business skills to design and develop and implement solutions for difficult business problems. The Sr. Financial Systems Developer is an expert in a functional alignment of technology within a business line, functional operation or technology. The incumbent understands and communicates how technology impacts the business. The Sr. Financial Systems Developer identifies, develops, and implements technologies and practices that have value for the business. The Sr. Financial Systems Developer works within project teams to develop solutions that drive the success of the business. The Sr. Financial Systems Developer acts as a subject matter expert in one or more areas of technology. Knowledge and expertise may be in one technology or environment. The Sr. Financial Systems Developer acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical and business process guidance concerning the business implications of one or more applications. The position provides technical consulting in area of expertise and mentors Sr. Programmers and Programmers within the business channel or technology supported.
Demonstrates technical competency in specific tools and technologies as determined by the strategic direction of Technology. Possesses solid understanding and application of the connection between the business being supported and its technology strategy and systems. An expert in a functional alignment of technology within a business line, functional operation or technology. Independently interacts regularly with associates of various levels to gather and analyze business requirements and interpret business needs and issues in order to design and / or evaluate technical solutions that solve the most complex technical and/or business issues. Performs necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine feasibility for the business. Develops cost and benefit estimates to establish worth of program to enterprise. This includes the development of alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems or equipment installations or change to existing ones. Develops, implements, and integrates major business systems. Provides technical guidance to Technology Managers.
Acts as primary consultant on multiple projects concurrently. Maintains high level of technical expertise in one or more applications. Advises appropriate people on the implications of existing Technology systems that can be applied to a problem. Uses appreciable originality on system assignments. Develops and/or evaluates previously refined data and select from a range of alternatives to determine the appropriate action to be taken. Develops or assists in the development of work plans, task sequencing, and the extent to which tasks may be performed concurrently. Develops time schedules, conversion, and test procedures for all aspects organization development. Recommends technical approaches needed for solution of the problem. Modifies systems designs to take maximum advantage of expertise.
Demonstrates advanced oral and written communication skills and mastery of all aspects of the System Development Methodology (SDM) to make technical and non-technical material understandable to technical and business units. Evaluates project documentation including formal proposals, feasibility studies, schedules, requirements studies, design documents, use cases, system test cases and testing plans according to standard system development lifecycle methodologies. Makes frequent presentations to client(s) and Technology management and associates. Plans and conducts meetings including: application development sessions, fit-gap analysis sessions, design reviews, documentation review meetings, etc.
May lead small to medium projects of short duration, or portions of large projects related to specific deliverables or segment of the SDM. This may include project definition and investigation; coordination of vendor selection and RFP processes; requirements gathering; development; testing; and configuration. Mentors developers and business analysts in Department/Team including: training on all facets of the SDM; technical design; and review of project deliverables delivered by developers and analysts.
- 3 or more years of experience with Oracle E-Business Suite R12, Oracle Databases, PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Loader, Forms Personalization, Alerts, Workflow, API’s, TOAD, SQL Developer
- Strong experience with report development and associated tools including Qlik and Microstrategy or equivalent
- Experience working with databases, writing queries, generating stored procedures, and related tools
- Demonstrated ability to translate functional business requirements into complex technical solutions
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of the SDLC - analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance, with on time delivery against aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to multiple systems and support multiple business groups
- Ability to effectively consult and interact with Business Project Team members
- Ability to build positive working relationships with the business contacts, within our IT team, and other IT departments
- Ability to influence and demonstrate impact within a technical team on proposed systems design
- Experience integrating new applications into an existing environment
- Demonstrated experienceapplying technical standards and change control policies and procedures
- Experience estimating development scope and effort
- Experience working in multiple technical environments
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to use all components of MS Office products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate progress and results to team lead/manager
- Demonstrated ability to meet milestones/deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively work with people in any part of the organization
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- College degree in technology related field with 5 years relevant Oracle Applications developmentexperience
- Functional knowledge and experience with Oracle Applications - specifically AP, Purchasing, iProcurement, Receivables, General Ledger
- Integration experience using XSLT and XML
- Developing with SOAP/REST and web service API’s
- Building and deploying applications using Amazon Web Services
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer