Job Description Summary: Manage the design and maintenance of the financial data structure that serves the basis of the WGL accounting system. Provide system support to all areas of Finance, including direct technical and functional application support where appropriate, perform data analysis and serve as a liaison between Finance and Information Technology Services (ITS) organization (retained and outsourced).
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Participate in Financial Systems projects, including enhancements and upgrades to Clarity, PeopleSoft and PowerPlant applications and other development/improvement activities to support the requirements of the Finance organization.
• Work with the various functional areas to drive the investigation/analysis and resolution of financial system issues.
• Support the technical aspects of our Financial Systems such as data loads, SQRs, Stored Procedures, Cube Calculations, etc. to determine if any gaps in the systems that do not meet present requirements. Manage the design, development, implementation, and operation of the company’s Financial Data Model, Data Governance and System Configurations, including PeopleSoft chart fields, combo rules, trees, etc., to support external and internal financial reporting requirements adequately.
• Provide support to the Manager Financial Systems & Data Analytics during technology upgrade reviews and implementation by recommending and executing project strategies, integration activities, testing plans and scripts, development work, training methods and completing project deliverables.
• Champion reporting process improvements by assessing and developing opportunities to eliminate manual processes. Execute activities associated with the documentation, integration, and implementation of technology applications. Develop test conditions and organizes system and integration testing for Finance system events as well as dependencies on supporting systems.
• Deliver training on processes, application functionality and various reporting to numerous functional areas.
• Drive the identification and documentation of current and future business requirements for processes and enabling technologies. Create work plans for multiple improvement initiatives with specific expected completion dates for delivery.
• Develop and maintains a change control process including, but not necessarily limited to, development of procedures, development of test methods, and development of migration path strategy as well as documenting all changes.
• Maintain security measures for financial reports by developing and maintaining a secure environment, designing and maintaining the process for requesting access and conducting a periodic audit of access.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the areas of accounting, financial systems support, process improvement, and data analytics to support data model enhancements required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and CPA certification preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting requirements preferred.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of GAAP and FERC reporting preferred.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office and PS Query Manager/Oracle Developer/SQL Server Management Studio (SQL, MDX, XML preferred).
• Prior experience in implementation and supporting ERP applications such as Oracle Hyperion technologies, Essbase, Planning, HFM, FDM, and Microsoft Analysis Services, preferred.
• Prior experience with Clarity 7 and PeopleSoft 9.2 (General Ledger & AR/BI) preferred.
• Prior experience with Integration Tools such as EAI, PeopleSoft Query & nVision, as well as other large-scale OLAP tools preferred.
• Demonstrate the ability to analyze and solve broadly-defined business problems with innovative solutions logically.
• Demonstrate an ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse internal and external audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrate experience communicating with end users to understand user requirements, translating requirements into a finished product, and developing general procedures for a non-technical audience.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, and peers.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and project management skills to manage multiple clients and tight timelines.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
Auto req ID 1122BR