The Sr. Systems Analyst- Financial Applications will be a member of the GateHouse Corporate IT Shared Services team reporting to the Director, IT Shared Services Applications. The position is a "hands on" role, contributing to our applications support for the General Ledger / Accounts Payable and financial consolidation reporting systems.
This position will be the liaison to and interact with Finance business owners and other IT service delivery teams (Infrastructure, Field Support) to coordinate project requests, issue resolution, testing and delivery of solutions. They will be responsible for the data integrity of the financial accounting (GL/AP – Lawson Financials) and Financial Consolidation systems (SAP BPC) and the interfaces between these systems and with other systems including, but not limited to management of data tables and related rates and analysis within the financial systems (Lawson), budgeting & forecasting systems (SAP), and payroll systems (ADP Vantage).
The position will consistently perform these tasks by following and maintaining forms/procedures that evidence the execution of our Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) IT General Controls.
- Oversee the day-to-day use of financial applications and tools that support operations for the Finance department.
- Identify, project manage and implement improvements and enhancements in finance applications to improve accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness of finance department services.
- Maintain process controls through support of SOX IT General Controls. Liaison to Internal Audit for annual testing.
- Improve integration of business systems that impact financial results, involving application integration through the use of scripting tools, ETL / EAI tools (Automate), etc.
- Research finance application solutions and develop finance requirements for implementations of new systems and upgrades to existing systems.
- Manage resolution of system issues and act as liaison to other IT analysts, users, and vendors to define and coordinate implementation of solutions.
- Maintain system security structures (User Security Administration for roles, groups, functions, etc.) in finance systems including accounting (AP/GL), consolidation reporting (SAP BPC), payroll, HRIS (ADP)
- Ensures operational efficiencies by training Business Analysts and/or users; providing support.
- Monitors financial system output to insure ongoing data integrity within the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable subsystems, payroll, and fixed assets.
- Collaborate on payroll matters as they relate to the structure and setup of payroll functions, including compliance of financial aspects of labor union contracts and interface with the Payroll System as needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology or a related field.
- 2+ years Lawson AP/GL systems administration experience (preferred)
- 5+ years of financial applications support experience
- Project management certification a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
- Working business knowledge of business process workflows for accounting, consolidation, and order-to-cash.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Lawson Financials experience preferred.
- Process Flow Automation experience preferred.
- MicroFocus COBOL a plus. (Lawson Financials is based on this.)
- ETL / EAI tools experience
- OLAP product experience (SAP BPC is an OLAP tool)
- Strong knowledge of business productivity and process documentation applications (for example, Microsoft Office, Google Apps).
- Project Management experience.
- MS SQL Server experience - ability to write SQL queries, troubleshoot existing SQL
- Shell Scripting (VB scripting, Perl, BAT files, etc.)
- Active Directory knowledge.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers and management through excellent interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills; ability to work with multiple functional business and IT disciplines.
- Ability to create and interpret procedure documents and forms; demonstrated ability to train users on basic system navigation.
- Solid organizational skills; ability to multitask, and independently organize and execute assigned tasks within committed time frames.
- Practical experience using SDLC methodologies.
- Strong testing and implementation practices. Leading Change Control process.
- Strong customer service mindset and attention to detail required.
- Comfortable with innovation and change; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.