Contributes to monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes. Conducts analysis of the research and documentation of financial analysis, ad hoc requests and special projects. Prepares, reviews and verifies the accuracy of financial statements and data. Recommends and implements accounting methods and procedures.
- Prepare and compile US GAAP disclosures included in Forms 10-Q/K for our SEC registrant Voya Financial and its subsidiaries through the execution of companies policies, procedures, and controls
- ability to perform 1st level review of US GAAP disclosures, including more complex disclosures, and help ensure adherence to reporting protocols by less experienced team members
- Interact, communicate and maintain liaison with other functional departments to ensure the quality, accuracy and completeness of the financial reporting disclosures included in Forms 10-Q and Form 10-K
- ability to directly oversee the interactions between lower level team members (including offshore resources) and functional areas.
- Develop and utilize various analytical reports and procedures to assist with the understanding and validation of certain US GAAP disclosures
- provide guidance and direction to other analyst on usage of analytics to support the completeness and accuracy of our financial reports.
- Manage and oversee the coordination of the calendar to ensure the timeliness and accurate delivery of financial information including analyzing and reporting of financial activities;
- Interact with internal and external auditors as needed; help lead and support audit initiatives as required
- Recommend process improvements and participate in/lead problem solving sessions and provide functional advice to less experience analysts including offshore resources
- Assist in various projects as assigned including the process improvement initiatives related to financial reporting as well as the implementation of new or expanding the usage of certain existing financial reporting tools and other improvement initiatives; lead other analysts in the successful completion of various smaller projects and initiatives
- Research SEC and GAAP guidance including performing peer research for various disclosures as necessary;
- Contribute as key team member that meet ultimate objectives of the team, department and organization;
- Ability to prioritize projects in order to meet deadlines; ability to coordinate multiple aspects of key financial reporting deliverables in a timely fashion
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Masters' Degree in Accounting highly preferred
- CPA designation required
- 5-7 years of experience, including public accounting, insurance accounting or SEC reporting environment;
- Good understanding of US GAAP and competency in preparing financial statement disclosures and performing financial analysis including advanced Microsoft office/Excel required; PeopleSoft and/or ledger system experience required, Hyperion, Wdesk and xbrl experience preferred.
- Able to assist other analysts in establishing, modifying, documenting, and implementing reporting methods and control procedures
- Able to assist other analysts, consultants and managers with advanced problem solving and complex analysis
- A self-starter, detail oriented, self-motivated, self-disciplined and performance driven team player; ability to work and perform tasks with little direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills