The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. The ideal candidate will be a proactive financial professional with experience in accounting, as well as possess a firm understanding of financial concepts. The Senior Financial Analyst will work with other teams across the organization as well as senior management providing financial analysis and business support.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the budgeting, forecasting, and reporting of the financial results.
- Support the development of the forecast by collaborating with the business operators/management and identify key drivers, risks and opportunities.
- Assist in the development of the strategic plan by modeling out future initiatives and helping the leadership team understand the drivers behind the yearly variances
- Perform ad hoc financial modeling to support existing and new business opportunities including the development of NPV, IRR, and payback analysis.
- Assist in the construction of proforma financials that carve out areas of the business to allow for more informed decision making.
- Perform sensitivity analysis on key financialdrivers to help management understand the potential financial impact of decisions.
- Be an integral member in the monthly financial close process by collaborating with accounting and performing ad-hoc analysis and reporting that explains major variances.
- Work with operating departments to forecast and review major operating expense categories and identify opportunities for operational improvement and cost reduction
- Lead the capital planning and approval process by working with the business to understand the financial impact of investments by conducting ROI analysis.
The ideal Senior Financial Analyst will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Thorough understanding of financialreporting and financial modeling required, including P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management within the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to work independently while balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong Excel skills and experience working with business intelligence tools (Hyperion/Essbase).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience with developing and presenting complex topics to senior management