Responsible for assisting in the compilation and analysis of financial and/or operational costs/benefits associated with assigned areas. Provide solutions to management based on findings from data analysis and trends to include the development of metrics, preparation of reports, graphs, and charts to support the analysis. Develop and maintain an Access database.
Education & Experience
o Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
o 3-5 years experience in analyzing, modeling, and forecasting data
o 5 years experience in an accounting related field
o Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
o 6+ years in analyzing, modeling, and forecasting data
o PeopleSoft experience
o Proficient in nVision and Query
• Extensive Excel including macro, VBA, and complex formulas
• Research, compile, and analyze data in order to create standard and ad hoc reports that provide solutions to management on complex issues
• Provide recommendations to improve internal processes and practices based upon analysis and trends
o Performs a variety of complex analysis and reporting to provide ongoing information, compiles relevant information, makes comparisons and evaluates results. Prepares a variety of complex financial data, information, and studies in a clear, concise format, month-end financial reports, and provides variance analysis. Identify, initiate, research, and prepare evaluations on issues related to assigned areas
• o Presents results of analysis to financial and business leaders to include senior management, assist in coordinating and executing the monthly forecasting process
• Strong working knowledge of data modeling, trend, and gap analysis
• Completely weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual analysis on volumes related to the current business
o Strong working knowledge of data modeling, trend, and gap analysis
• Develop trend analysis to help predict the future workload requirements
o Prepares entries for the general ledger and review for reliability, propriety, and compliance with GAAP. Prepare journal entries for budget and reforecast ledgers.
o Perform other duties as assigned
o Regular and reliable attendance is required.