- Implement new financial reporting standards as required by IFRS or US GAAP.
- Assess impacts on financial reporting processes and internal controls, as well as changes to business metrics resulting from new accounting standards.
- Prepare technical accounting memos on transactions and initiatives, as well as existing applications of US GAAP in light of evolving industry practices and benchmarking.
- Communicate new accounting standards and external developments in US GAAP, including delivering presentations in regular company-wide US GAAP education programs.
- Prepare financial statements and note disclosures for the quarterly and annual financial statements required for external reporting, as directed by the Manager, Financial Reporting and Policy.
- Prepare disclosures and supporting schedules for Management's Discussion & Analysis as directed by the Manager, Financial Reporting and Policy.
- Be a primary source within Cronos for all technical accounting questions for issues that may arise from any aspect of the Business.
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Management Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Aid in the development of the Company's ERP Finance implementation.
- Build and maintain accounting policies for the Finance Team.
- Any ad-hoc reporting, analysis or business development initiatives as required.
- CPA, CA or U.S. CPA Designation.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and/or knowledge of IFRS, including technical accounting and reporting requirements.
- Solid technical skills, with a minimum of 3 years of financial/corporate accounting experience, including auditing public companies (preferably US GAAP reporting).
- Experience with external financial reporting of publicly traded companies (both US and Canadian markets preferred but not required).
- Keep well-informed of current and proposed accounting standards/practices and assess the impact of accounting changes on financial statements, procedures and internal controls.
- Ability to assess processes and systems to identify key control activities and identify and implement improvements to drive efficiencies.
- Hands-on team player, able to interact professionally with all levels including staff outside of the Finance group and external auditors.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate with a broader finance team, implement significant initiatives and drive toward exceptional performance.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- An effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of SAP or a similar ERP system is an asset.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who is able to work under very tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure, change and ambiguity.
- Displays integrity and is accountable for actions and statements.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16