- Dig in to truly understand where data comes from across Patterson’s systems (both financial & operational) and the usefulness of that data in improving results for the company
- Scrutinize the operational tools being used across Sourcing, Transportation & Supply Chain to find opportunities to improve how those tools are being used (ie, Demand Planning systems). Work with business partners to implement those ideas.
- Deliver any routine reporting required by the business on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Lead the annual planning process for Sourcing, Transportation & Supply Chain, building models that summarize the financial/budgetary needs of these organizations and advocating for changes needed in future years.
- Load budgets and monitor results against budgets throughout the fiscal year
Analytics & Insight
- Ensure your analysis is delivering insight to your partners, not just reporting & data. Analysis should answer questions, drive action and lead to decision-making.
- Show an ability to ask the “next question” and anticipate the needs of business & financial leaders
- Identify areas where decisions are not being made using the best data & information, and then build plans to close those gaps
- Act as an informal mentor to other finance employees
- Stay connected with Finance peers throughout the organization, looking for opportunities for collaboration & career development
Minimum Qualifications (Below are examples):
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance roles with progressively challenging roles
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated experience managing massive data sets to deliver insight
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
Preferred Qualifications (Below are examples):
- Pursuit of an MBA (or intention to do so in the next 5 years) is desirable, but not required
Job ID 2018-7584