A newly created Senior Financial Analyst FP&A role will provide critical support to numerous groups within the business unit and be responsible for a wide range of financial reporting and analyses covering domestic and international operations. The main area of support will include certain regions of global Operations on a wide range of cost, profitability, and GP topics. There are significant operational analytical aspects to this important role so prior experience with operational/manufacturing accounting and/or financial analysis is a strong plus. This highly visible SFA role will frequently interact with executive leadership and have the opportunity to significantly impact business operations. This role will also be integral to preparing and analyzing month end results to help drive transparency and accuracy of revenue and gross profit decisions. We desire a true team player who works every day with a sense of urgency, provides valuable and timely information that incorporates all business considerations, and looks to challenge the status quo quantitatively and respectfully.
- Ownership of COGS and SG&A reporting, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Ownership of capex and D&A reporting, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Monitoring global net working capital targets and driving improvement across geographies.
- Develop and prepare new monthly reports that offer critical insights into the business, including operational metrics, and sales reporting.
- Ad hoc work as requested.
- Effectively interpreting and communicating details into concise and understandable facts, numbers, and next steps for all key stakeholders.
Candidates must have their BS or BA in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- 5+ years of progressive financial experience, preferably in complex manufacturing, supporting an international (multi-site) organization.
- PVM experience a strong plus.
- Deep understanding of finance and concepts, high level of preparedness to analyze, discuss and support thesis/analysis with senior level management.
- Strong financial statement analysis/accounting/financial modeling skills required.
- Experience working across all financial statements (P&L, B/S, and SOCF) including a focus on net working capital.
- Data mining across multiple systems to consolidate a financial picture of variances.
- Experience in debits and credits and account reconciliations a plus.
- Experience with HFM/Essbase, Oracle E1, or ReportsNow highly desired.
- KPI development and monitoring performance against measures a plus.
- High technical proficiency with exceptional Excel skills, particularly in developing operating models, transaction models, and budgeting reporting templates.
- A team player who is cooperative, unselfish, and thinks corporately, not departmentally, who can work easily and synergistically with other functional departments.
- A self-starter who expertly manages themselves to hit deadlines without the need for extensive oversight.
- Ability to tell the story and visually communicate with numbers in a very clean and concise manner.
- Someone who relishes the chance to efficiently mine large and expansive data sets to produce information that is actionable and can make a profitable difference.
- An innately curious individual who chases the “why” when things don’t make sense.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to convey complex data analysis into clear and concise insights via reporting and presentations.
- High level of intelligence grounded in rational, common sense, deep conceptual thinking ability, critical and analytical thinking ability.
- Must be a change agent, initiate action, overcome obstacles, make progress and drive a process or project from start to finish alone or within a team to achieve acceptable results. Works with aggressiveness, tenacity, persistence, and intelligent forcefulness.
- Uncompromising integrity, moral values, and ethics. Honest, truthful, straight forward.
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, operating styles manifested in image, thoroughness, completeness, accuracy, polish, appropriateness, integrity, effectiveness. Performs at high standards.