The Sr. Financial Analyst plays an important role in helping executives make important business decisions regarding planning and profitability.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for conducting various company-wide financial activities including financial planning, modeling, forecasting and reporting tosupport decision making by senior management. He or she will monitor actual financial performance and compare to budget and/or forecast projections, analyze and interpret variances, prepare a variety of reports and provide recommendations in coordination with the business units.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will have the capability to own complex processes and the ability to positively contribute to the organization. He or she will work closely with manufacturing to understand issues and how they impact the financial results. The Sr. Financial Analyst will work directly with department leaders to understand and analyze activities that are directly or indirectly causing financial variances.
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Detailed review and insightful analysis of monthly financial results, identifying and reporting causes of variances from budget and forecast; track expenses and revenues versus budget and re-forecasting; offers detailed explanations of variances and makes recommendations
- Providing key support and development of monthly and annual plans and forecasts
- Building financial models using data from financial systems and other sources to supportbusiness decisions and the execution of strategic and tactical initiatives
- Performing analysis and reporting for pricing, margin and cost ratios and all manufacturing activity, including: productivity, capital and department spending, forecasting, budgeting, material and labor absorption, inventory and operations planning
- Assisting in the analysis of actual labor, material and overhead costs against plan and research and explain variances; aiding in the development of new labor and overhead rates, budgets and forecasts
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for financial analysis and explanation of variances
- BS Accounting / Finance or comparable analytical major
- 5years financial planning and analysis experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have manufacturing experience
- Experience with internationally focused companies; foreign entities
- High level expertise using Microsoft Office products
- Experience using a variety of system software tools preferable