Perform financial, analytical and accounting functions; includes revenue and other areas that may be impacted by billing, revenue recognition, Account Receivable and other balance sheet items. This position requires working through complex issues and developing creative solutions. Will plan and coordinate efforts across multi-function team efforts; lead projects as requested.
- Independently gathers, interprets and analyzes information, makes assessments and completes reconciliations
- Support month-end close activities, prepares and analyzes schedules, reports and/or journal entries and understands their impact on the overall financials.
- Identifies problem areas when looking at information, seeing patterns, trends or missing pieces, and identifies the similarities. Questions inconsistency in financial data elements. Makes recommendation to resolve.
- Reviews and validates complex contracts to ensure proper billing and revenue recognition
- Identifies improvements and enhancements, documents and recommends appropriate course of action; and assists with implementing new processes. Supports and provides guidance to other functional areas, helps with questions and assists them with solutions.
- Develops process and documentation related to various new products and migrations and will lead certain aspects of the various projects.
- Leads the reporting, forecasting, accounting activity and partners / supports the various functional areas as needed related to the various integration activities.
- Provide guidance to other analyst in the department.
- Engages with sales teams and other functional areas to understand the status and probability of key incremental deals in the sales funnel and the related impact on the forecast.
- 5+ Prior experience of substantial diverse financial analysis and accounting
- BA/BS, Accounting/Finance
- MBA or certification preferred , i.e. CMA, CFA or CPA
- Prior experience in forecasting and analyzing revenue trends for a material portfolio of products or business with annual revenues in excess of $50M
- Advanced computer skills including excel, Essbase, PeopleSoft and in-depth knowledge of MBS
- Solid financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical Thinking, inclusive of problem assessment and recommendation
- Planning and Organizational Awareness
- Advanced Analysis Problem Assessment
- Conceptual Thinking /Decision Making (Problem Solving)
- Ability to complete financial analysis without direction