Oberto Snacks Inc, known for our high quality, delicious meat snacks are currently hiring at our Kent, Washington Headquarters. The Oberto Finance team is an integrated part of the business, not a detached corporate function. We partner strongly to deliver the best customer experience at the best cost while instilling a strong controllership environment. We constantly raise the bar through a focus on continuous improvement. Our ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in finance and quantitative analysis, an ability to think critically, problem solve, and an aptitude to learn new systems.The primary focus of the Senior Financial Analyst is to support the company by performing complex financial analysis and modeling. This includes the preparation of financialreports to impact both top-line and bottom-line results and support senior management with decision making. Acts as financial lead for business review teams; makes decisions of considerable financial impact involving highly specialized and/or technical areas, requiring application and interpretation of data.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development of annual operating plans, providing information to customers, including the monitoring and evaluation of actual results to ensure fiscal accountability. Assist with loading of detail plan into BOARD, our financial management reporting system.
- Support the coordination and consolidation of the quarterly forecast and annual budgetprocesses and assisting in the presentation decks to senior executives and parent company.
- Work with business review teams to understand financial results, forecast changes and understand overall business unit performance.
- Publish monthly margin reports evaluating item and business unit performance for use in driving profitable decision making.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and yearly variance explanations of actual to budgets and to prior year results and ensure Corporate reporting requirements and timelines are met.
- Research and analyze variances related to the month end and planning process and advise management of the results.
- Support channel, customer and item profitability projects, margin and product mix trend analysis. Provide findings and recommendations to business team and senior management.
- Partner with Brand Finance as a main builder/user of BOARD to analyze business data requirements, create and maintain reporting tosupport rhythm of the business.
- Proactively identify new ways to streamline processes & analyze business results, striving for continuous improvement in financialreporting packages provided to the internal management team.
- Provide support for existing reports and resolves issues with reports as identified by users.
- Build strong relationships with Finance and cross-functional partners while continuously looking for opportunities to improve the business.
- Provide management strategic analytical (ad hoc reports, etc.) information helping the Company to remain a leader in its industry.
- Act as mentor to other analysts with varying levels of financial expertise.
- Ensure financial results are reported in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field required. MBApreferred.
- CPA and or CMA Verification preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in planning and analysis.
- FP&Aexperience with in a consumer-packaged goods (CPG) organization highly desired.
- Substantial experience in Finance and General Accounting specifically in the following areas: variance analysis, financial modeling, financial statement preparation and review and analysis.
- Experience working within and extracting data from ERP systems, QAD preferred.
- Trade Promotion Management experiencepreferred.
ABOUT OBERTO: Oberto offers a creative environment filled with other talented people. We are committed to rewarding our teammates for their hard work, enthusiasm and professional excellence. Company perks include:
- Competitive salaries
- Annual performance incentive
- 401K Plan with company match
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long term disability and life insurance.