The Senior Financial Analyst coordinates, performs, and oversees the budgeting and financial activities related to department, including cost centers, departmental and sponsored budgets, revenues (including revenue cycle management), and gift accounts as they relate to formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures. The Sr. Financial Analyst analyzes department financial data and develops complex reports for forecasting and results analysis. The Sr. Financial Analyst assists in financial studies and analysis regarding projected changes in revenues and expenditures, and ensures compliance with department and/or agency regulations and restrictions. This position may train others in budget related policies and procedures. Competencies: Education:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- MBA preferred.
- Requires knowledge of Budget processes.
- Corporate finance as it relates to all aspects of health care which may include the following:
- Budget analysis for health care programs and projects
- Revenue cycle principles
- Cost accounting principles
- Managed care pricing
- Management and development of staff
Required Licensure Certification, etc.: Work Experience:
- Requires analytical ability to develop some management, narrative, and statistical reports
- Monitors, identifies, and communicates over-expenditures to faculty and administrative staff
- Understands, monitors, and positively impacts hospital billing reports
- Keeps abreast of laws and regulations that apply to a particular staff function or field of professional expertise to maintain up-to-date compliance
- Monitors and approves department expenditures throughout the budgetary period
- Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication.
Machines, Tools, Equipment:
- Requires minimum five years of experience in finance, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Must be able to operate general office and communications equipment (personal computer, adding machine, telephone, fax machine).