What Will Your Role Be?
To be a valued trusted advisor and finance business partner to the NAM GEO Brand, Function, Channel, NAM GEO CFO, and NAM GEO FP&A Director providing business modeling, analysis, and insights that will support the achievement of the organizational objectives.
Working closely with the Personnel Cost Controller and Sr. Manager of FP&A-Americas, this individual will be responsible for the timely and competent creation and analysis of annual budgets, monthly operating results and quarterly forecasts to achieve the overall business objectives, as well as provide detailed personnel costs and incentive compensation variance analysis at the legal entity, GEO Function, and natural account level for Incentive Compensation and Personnel Costs. This position supports a detailed scope that requires attention to detail, cross entity cooperation/collaboration and need for detailed review and analysis. Building a strong and trusted rapport with Global function FP&A counterparts will be critical to your success in this role.
As a key member of the NAM GEO FP&A team the job responsibilities will center on supporting the NAM Personnel Cost Controller focused primarily on Incentive Compensation and Personnel Cost Expense management for the North America GEO. The Incentive Compensation Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for Incentive Compensation and Operating Expense budgeting, forecasting, month end close support, and Personnel Cost analysis. This role will also assist the Personnel Cost Controller in analysis of benefit and employer costs.
Your Challenges Ahead
- Be responsible for all aspects of budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analyzing bonus and commission compensation for all function, brand and channel employees in a 3500+ person organization.
- Be the subject matter expert on all incentive compensation plans for sales and non-sales employees and understand key drivers of attainment and payouts.
- Act as backup and work in partnership with NAM GEO Personnel Cost Controller on the annual Budget, quarterly forecast, and Monthly/Quarterly Actuals cycles for all Incentive Compensation
- Partner with the Sales Compensation team for Actuals Analysis to support NAM Channel FP&A Analysts.
- Work closely with NAM GEO and Brand analysts to streamline the budgeting and forecasting process which includes tracking and analyzing changes from forecasting cycles.
- Provide Monthly Incentive Comp accruals to General Accounting SSC for LE, FIDEPT, and OU
- Work with General Accounting to reconcile all incentive comp payments against accruals ensuring accuracy in the balance sheet
- Participate on calls with Global Personnel Cost Controller team to drive process and/or budgeting tool improvements.
- Work with Director, AMERICAS FP&A on special projects to develop "what if" modeling on Channel, Function, Brand, Incentive Compensation
- Statutory Reporting and Analysis on Incentive Comp for the largest North America Entity.
Your Key Success Factors
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, or Business Administration required, MBA a plus
- 6+ years in a finance related position within a large, publicly held company
- Solid understanding of finance/accounting principles (IFRS)
- Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts
- Strong Excel skills required. Advanced skills in pivot tables, macros, forms, & Excel VBA preferred
- Willingness to develop into a valued finance business partner to mid-level management
- Ability to operate successfully at the detailed level and summarize analysis results to management
- Experience and competence in using integrated ERP software (PeopleSoft preferred) and TM1 web
- Ability to identify root cause of issues, identify problems and communicate these effectively
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to adapt to a fast-paced and complex environment with multiple priorities and high volume workload
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively to meet needs of multiple business and finance partners
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team approach in building and developing key business partner relationships across the GEOs and with Corporate FP&A
- Prior experience in high tech industry is preferred
- Willingness to work additional hours at peak periods of activity.