Active participant in the Finance and Accounting operations of a wholesale beauty productsdistribution company. The position of Senior Financial Analyst will be expected to perform controlling,forecasting, andreporting functions.
What we offer
General Accounting Responsibilities:
• Monitors, reviews and verifies accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation.
• Provides monthly financial data with explanations and interpretation as requested by management.
• Complete account reconciliations and production of regularly scheduled summary reports, such as income statement, balance sheet, AR and AP aging and other financial statements for accounting operations.
• Assist in completing month end closing process and submission of required reports by internal deadlines.
Finance and Controlling Responsibilities:
• Assist in completing promotional analysis files and provide commentary back to sales and/or marketing regarding promotional activities.
• Assist in providing and developing historical data and projections as required for budget development and planning. Review monthly results with various department heads.
• Ensures departmental compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
• Clarifies or researches issues as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Who we are looking for
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA or CPA a plus
• Minimum Experience: 5 Years
• Knowledge of wholesale distribution preferred but not required.
• Must possess intermediate to advanced level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, including development/refinement of pivot tables.
• Working knowledge of MAS 100 or similar mid-range accounting software.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information competently; Develops alternative solutions.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism - Maintains composure in stressful situations; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach to best fit the situation.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens attentively; Responds informatively to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
• Occasionally required to sit.
• Occasionally required to walk.
• Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally required to talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb
• Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds)
• Finger dexterity required.
• Hand coordination required.
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus
• Office Environment
• Travel < 10%