Sr. Financial Analyst
Responsible for supporting the corporate financial planning and analysis team with operations and analytics. Performs a variety of complex duties including the collection and analysis of financial data from reports and various sources.
Prepares materials for distribution to management. Perform in-depth analysis and provide meaningful insights to senior leadership.
Essential Job Functions
1. Prepares management reporting tointernal consumers. Ensures meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy.
2. Performs monthly review and evaluation of actual financial performance compared to budget and prior year of the total bank and individual business units. Partner with divisions within the business unit in support of FP&A activities.
3. Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data and with general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
4. Periodically reviews and evaluates actual financial performance of the Bank's business units and performs variances analysis relative to plan.
5. May assist in the annual production of bank financials for goodwill assessment.
6. Participates in system implementation and process improvement projects; e.g. implementation of planning and cost allocation modules of Oracle’s System 9 product (Essbase).
7. Researches relevant business developments in the organization and/or within the industry.
8. Assists with the integration of acquired entities into the unit profitability reporting and budgeting processes.
9. Proactively communicates with management and the parent company on potential reporting issues and proposes solutions and alternatives.
10. Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data with the general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
11. May plan, conduct and supervise long-term projects.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Economics - Required
· Master’s Degree- Preferred
· Required License(s) or Certifications in CPA- Preferred
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as having as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting
· Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques
· Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry
· Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase a plus
· Excellent Excel skills required; SQL strongly preferred
· Excellent Power Point presentation ability required
· Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis
· Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor
· Time Management and organizational leadership skills
· Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
· Skill coordinating and leading effective meetings
· Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
· Strong professional communication and presentation skills
· Ability to deal with changes, ambiguity, and uncertainty
· Organized and attentive to detail; Self-starter and highly motivated
· Appreciation of a tight control process, ability and willingness to clearly document tools, results and other products of work