The objective of this position is to play a lead role in driving all aspects of financial planning and reporting for the CSC Global Supply Chain Operations. The analyst will work directly with the SVP of Global Supply Chain and the broader operational team to ensure clean execution of predictable, transparent financial planning processes including LRP, Budget, Forecast, and Close. The analyst will also be asked to perform various detailed financial analyses in support of supply chain optimization and drivers of shared service costs. The analyst will be the primary finance partner to multiple operational partners across the Distribution Centers and the Supply/Demand planning teams in expense management and adherence to budget targets.
- Direct support to the SVP of Global Supply Chain Operations and the VP of Global Distribution in development of operating budgets for Demand/Supply Planning and Distribution functions.
- Drive the monthly and quarter end financial processes for the organization including full variance analysis vs. forecast. Provide detailed report out to both operational and finance management teams including recommendations for expense management and optimization.
- Support the organization in the preparation and delivery of the Quarterly Business Review process.
- Consolidate global financial processes including CSC owned operations in Europe and Canada and third party logistics in Latin America/Asia regions.
- Provide detailed analytics on DC cost per unit metrics including benchmarks, and deliver recommendations on optimization across the CSC facilities.
- Drive detailed analytic dashboards for the major DC operations (VAS, SOUP, Returns, etc.,.) to ensure management is focused on appropriate KPIs for each and provide recommendations for optimization.
- Act as the financial control point for US DC capital expenditures including development of business case prep, ROIs and post-mortems as necessary.
- Work with corporate finance and the Brand P&L teams on relevant cost pools and allocation methodologies of the DC shared services spending to the brand P&Ls. Provide expertise and recommendations to ensure drivers are appropriate and updated on a regular cadence.
- Develop detailed dashboard on freight costs for the inbound and outbound CSC network. Assess primary drivers by brand/channel and provide recommendations for optimization.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a business-related field. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in progressively responsible roles performing financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting duties in a mid to large corporation.
- Previous supply chain experience preferred.
- Demonstrated top performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Must be proactive with strong knowledge of financial planning, analysis, budgeting, and strategic planning concepts.
- Familiar with GAAP accounting concepts.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills in working with a diverse group of individuals. Willingness to proactively seek answers and tactfully challenge responses.
- Excellent problem solving skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate.
- Advanced PC skills with emphasis on MS Excel required.
- Experience using planning and reporting software required, e.g. Cognos TM1 or similar.
- Experience with SAP and SAP BW highly desirable.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize projects, and solid attention to details.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.