Senior Financial Analyst - G&A
Workday is seeking a finance professional to join the Corporate Finance team as a Senior Financial Analyst supporting our G&A team. In this role, you will enable data-driven decisions by providing financial and operational analytics, benchmarks, insights and recommendations. We’re looking for someone meticulous about drilling down and understanding data, a self starter, a great communicator, and someone who enjoys collaborating and business partnering with diverse and talented people. This role will support Chief Financial Officer’s Org, Procurement and Legal. This is an individual contributor role that reports to the Finance Manager.
This is a great chance to join a top-tier HR, Finance, Planning and Procurement SaaS company in a growing FP&A group that will offer a ton of exposure and the ability to really influence the business because we support functions directly related to the products that we sell.
- Budgeting and forecasting - Drive monthly/quarterly headcount and expense forecast cycle, ensuring accurate projections, appropriate level of reporting, analysis, and communication
- Business partnering - Develop trusted relationships with and be the primary Business Finance point of contact for several VP-level leaders. Collaborate with leaders to provide the visibility they need to make key business decisions
- Business performance reporting - Prepare monthly/quarterly financial review presentations (including collecting, formatting, and analyzing information) and assist in presenting the materials to senior leadership teams
- Financial, Operational, Ad-hoc analysis - Combine quantitative and qualitative analysis to highlight business risks and opportunities for business units. Participate in the continuous planning process by delivering detailed forecasts to help your business partners achieve their financial targets
- Business processes - Become acquainted with business processes and highlight opportunities for automation and process improvement with cross-functional teams
- Financial close - Prepare journal entries related to financial close activities (end-of period accruals, reclass entries)
Must have technical skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics with 5+ years related FP&A / Operational / Strategic Finance experience. MBA a plus
- Proficiency in analytical and financial modeling skills (Excel / Google Sheets), with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exposure to accounting principles (revenue, cost of revenue, operating expense) and their application to periodic financial reporting, planning and forecasting.
- Ability to navigate systems for analysis and reporting. Prior exposure to products such as Workday Adaptive Planning and Tableau a plus
Must have soft skills:
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and collaboration skills — nothing falls through the cracks, you over-communicate, and excel working as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Positive, self-starter attitude with an eagerness learn and improve