Gems Sensors & Controls (a Fortive company) designs and manufactures a broad portfolio of liquid level, flow, and pressure sensors, miniature solenoid valves, proximity switches and pre-assembled fluidic systems to exact customer application and manufacturing requirements. From agricultural equipment to locomotives to medical devices, Gems products make a difference in the world you interact with every day.
The Senior Financial Analyst evaluates and provides insight into financial implications of pricing, sales commissions and incentives, as well as SG&A spend, ensuring adherence to financial plans while also identifying risks and opportunities. Significant emphasis will be placed on sales analysis and reporting tosupport profitable growth. Position will also provide revenue and margin analysis to support optimal mix management in addition to other ad hoc projects as requested by the finance and sales organizations.
The Senior Financial Analyst will interact with North American and European sales managers, sourcing, finance, and leadership teams.
- Provide financialreports and analysis to senior leadership team, sales, and marketing to ensure profitable sales growth.
- Analyze and monitor product line sales and margin performance vs. forecast, budget and prior year.
- Maintain and enhance financial model to evaluate the impact of volume, mix, and ASP changes on gross margins.
- Prepare customer and product line profitability analysis.
- Maintain pricing metrics and provide financial insight (sales and margin) for use by sales and leadership team.
- Analyze the monthly forecast submitted by the field sales team to ensure accuracy.
- Participate in development, implementation, and maintenance of sales incentive plans and other sales incentive programs.
- Calculate monthly bonus / commission accruals and forecasts; review actuals for reasonableness and accuracy.
- Assess effectiveness and quality of sales compensation plans, programs, and spiffs.
- Complete ad hoc sales analysis and other Accounting / Finance projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- 5 or more years of financial analysisexperience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills.
- Solid understanding of pricing/margin concepts (knowledge of sales commission plans is a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Business Intelligence tools / relational databases (Business Objects, Cognos). JD Edwards or similar ERP systems experiencepreferred. Hyperion and Salesforce.com (or other CRM system) a plus.
- Must possess a sense of urgency and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to interact with all levels of associates and work in a team-oriented environment with a service attitude.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solver and ability to take on new projects and responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Handle sensitive and confidential financial data.
May be assigned various projects and responsibilities at the sole discretion of the Director of Finance and President. Fortive Corporation Overview: Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.