This position provides insights and in-depth financial/billing analysis for strategic U.S. Government Contracts. Plays a critical role in identifying initiatives to drive efficiencies into programs in order to deliver upon the committed profit on aggressively bid contracts. Responsible for designing and implementing processes and tools for new DOE programs needed for periodic customer reporting and close. Interfaces between Accounting, Operations, Procurement, Payroll and Billing Business Partners as well as BU Controllers to ensure all relevant costs are captured and allocated appropriately and that all requirements of the Contracts' Collective Bargaining Agreements are satisfied. Responsible for preparation and consolidation of the division's financialdata including actual and forecast while providing analytical support to the billing department. Manages the month end close process including financial statement analysis and reporting for DOE Programs.
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Must possess analytical and reconciliation skills with ability to interpret and analyze data, conduct research and identify and reconcile data discrepancies.
- Understanding of GAAP and government accounting procedures including T&M, cost plus, fixed price and contingent profit. Working knowledge of large ERP system, preferably SAP.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have solid written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain a professional relationship with team members and internal/external clients
- Must be able to work independently and as a contributing team member.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manages finance month end close activities and in-depth analysis/review of complex DOE contracts, expenses and revenue. Researches and analyzes variances and prepares monthly status reports for upper management.
- Responsible for problem-solving a complex accounting issues, such as unique requirements to the CBA contracts, including, but not limited to, solutions allowing customer contract administration and compliance. Researches and analyzes unbilled reports. Recognizes trends as they relate to transactional/financial/reporting activities and recommends/leads business process improvements. Maintains monthly reconciliations.
- Responsible for monitoring expenditures against contract funding and contract requirements. Completes trend reporting and analysis, making recommendations for financial or expense performance improvements. Responsible for reviewing, approving and processing Subcontractor invoice payments in the procurement database.
- Provides support to external DOE customer audits as well as interfacing with internal financialaudit. Provides support to prepare and maintain forecast updates.
- Respond to routine and specific financial data calls.
What You Need To Bring To The Table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or related degree
- 5+ years as Financial Analyst or in a similar role