Job ID: PAL001687
The primary purpose of this role is to provide budgeting, forecasting and financial analytics support to the business to ensure that financial decisions are well grounded. Additionally, this role helps to ensure financial results are input into DHR timely and accurately.
This role is also responsible for the financialsupportrequired by the Finance, HR, Legal, IT and Service functions (One Pall functions) to drive profitability and optimize the allocation of resources.
Approximately 10% of this role is spent supporting the monthly close.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide analytical support to the finance business partner for the several functional areas ("One Pall")
- Monthly variance analyses versus forecast
- Monthly meetings w business leaders to review monthly performance and to discuss potential forecast adjustments
- Build of the annual budgets
- Provide accounting support for the One Pall functions. Includes journal entry preparation, monitoring of accruals, amortization of licenses and maintenance contracts, and capital/operating expense designation
- Work to streamline and simplify existing cost center structure in order to drive accountability and ownership of expenses
- Member of team that owns and manages our "Investment Proposal Approval" process for capital and IT purchases
- Responsible for developing models for forecast, budget and forward looking analytics
- Work with Corporate FP&A team to continuously improve forecast, budget and reporting processes
- Assist in coordinating, conducting, and documenting highly complex and involved financial analyses projects.
- Potential involvement in M&A and acquisition due diligence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting and an MBA or equivalent. 5-7years of experience
- Advanced use of Excel and experience in Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAPpreferred particularly in FI and CO functionality
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management preferred (or similar databases)
- Ability to listen and ask questions to get to the root cause of a problem
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on a highly matrix environment at all levels
- Professional knowledge and industry experiences within the area of FP&A
- Ability to develop and leverage knowledge of how areas of the business integrate, as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the overall business
- Knowledge of advanced financial modeling and financial data and analytics
- Has strength of convictions and ability to present facts and data in a compelling argument for business position discussions with the most senior leaders
- Confidence to challenge internal business partners on business assumptions and plans
- Understanding of accounting, specifically US GAAP
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks; self starter
- Values developing solutions by weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs
- Works effectively in a matrix environment obtaining support from others
- Creates and maintains collaborative and highly productive business relationships