Description: Responsible for the finance, accounting, cost, operating expense budgets & business mgmt functions for design & construction projects, facility operations & real estate functions. NFS finance/cost activities include data collection, reconciling expenditures against commitment, updating & ensuring data accuracy in project tracking system, financial analyses & cost forecasting, facility & capital project team's operating expense budgets; developing & implementing project financial standards & procedures; reviewing the project work breakdown structure, ensuring cost forecasts are consistent w/ established & documented project control basis (scope, work plan, schedule); analysis & reporting project cost variances, maintaining & reporting project cost forecast in accordance w/ work breakdown structure, tracking project cost movement, & providing progress reports; providing project cost forecast input to region capital planning process; submitting qualifying documents to Property Accounting dept for capitalization, verification of available budget for commitment, verification of DOA for commitment & expenditures, & providing financial & accounting support for acquisition, disposition & maintenance of land & facilities.
- Primary focus for the senior level is to lead a team or NFS function performing the day to day NFS Finance & Accounting activities
- Reviews project financial data input to the project mgmt/accounting systems for accuracy & compliance to policy
- Coordinates project accounting information (opening, completion potential impairments etc.) w/ Regional Property Accounting
- Develops budgets, forecasts, analyzes, & monitors operating costs & expense budgets
- Leads and/or coordinates the analysis & review of cash forecastingreporting, in conjunction w/ the NFS Mgmt & Regional Planning depts
- Reviews financial aspects of contracts & pay applications/invoices
- Identifies & analyzes activities (project capitalization, impairments, etc.) that may impact regional financial results & effectively communicates them to the financial leads region
- Prepares and/or reviews key mgmt cost reports, i.e. Main Loan Fund Mgmt Accountability Report (MMAR)
- Identifies & manages cost trend data & schedule impacts & brings to attention of Project Manager & NFS Team
- Resolves invoicing issues w/ vendors, contractors & professional services providers. Support negotiations as compliant to KP requirements
- Prepares accruals & journal entries for month end close on operating costs; researches unusual variances during month end close
- Works on assignments of diverse & complex scope
- Interprets less defined guidelines to make recommendations for process improvements and/or enhancements
- Requires complex planning to coordinate w/ other depts or resources
- Responsibilities impact the achievement of key functional, NFS, and/or KP objectives that have direct & significant business impact
- Contributes to the achievement of the dept's objectives
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations could result in the inability to reach functional & NFS objectives & negatively affect expenditures & resources
- Involves interpreting & analyzing established concepts & trends
- Exercises considerable judgment to make decisions for less defined & complex issues
- Requires complex decision-making
- Develops solutions to a diverse range of complex problems, which require creativity & innovation w/in broadly defined policies & practices
- Assume other duties as directed
- Minimum six (6) years of financial or project controls experience including two (2) years in architectural, design, contracting, and project management or construction environment.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or construction management discipline, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Understanding of the accounting for construction work in progress and the capitalization requirements of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and systems skills to include proficiency in PC based applications (Excel and Access including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Understanding of accounting for leases (specific to Facility, Clinical Technology or Real Estate operations).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years in a lead financial analysis and/or accounting role preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or CPApreferred.